KO Strategy??

darrislance

I've been experimenting with the KO strategy and while the system is exceptionally easy to play my results haven't met my expectations. At best my results have kept me around even with the house. Just wondering if anyone has had any success using this system.

golfnut101

Ko

I am currently using KO preffered with 13 indices. Very satisfied to date(approx. 6 months). If you can, backcount, and, first and foremost...PRACTICE-PRACTICE-PRACTICE ! Check out Bojacks thread on perfection at hitorstand.net. Pretty much sums it up.

best of luck

SystemsTrader

darrislance said:
I've been experimenting with the KO strategy and while the system is exceptionally easy to play my results haven't met my expectations. At best my results have kept me around even with the house. Just wondering if anyone has had any success using this system.
I have used KO and I have made money with it. However it requires a lot of playing, a large bankroll and a large spread. If your goal is to make money from KO I would suggest you get a job at McDonalds. I am not trying to be sarcastic here I'm just pointing out the reality of the situation. Your edge is so small, especially if you are playing against inferior games which most of my playing is against so I know what it takes. If you are a recreational player KO is fine, If you are a begginer KO is fine as well while you learn but plan on upgrading counts in the future if you want to be a serious counter.

supercoolmancool

SystemsTrader said:
I have used KO and I have made money with it. However it requires a lot of playing, a large bankroll and a large spread. If your goal is to make money from KO I would suggest you get a job at McDonalds. I am not trying to be sarcastic here I'm just pointing out the reality of the situation. Your edge is so small, especially if you are playing against inferior games which most of my playing is against so I know what it takes. If you are a recreational player KO is fine, If you are a begginer KO is fine as well while you learn but plan on upgrading counts in the future if you want to be a serious counter.
KO is a professional counting system. You never need to upgrade even if you play for profit. It is equal to Hi-Lo. It is hard to make money counting cards but upgrading your system will not make that any easier.

SystemsTrader

supercoolmancool said:
KO is a professional counting system. You never need to upgrade even if you play for profit. It is equal to Hi-Lo. It is hard to make money counting cards but upgrading your system will not make that any easier.
While KO is a quality counting system because of its ease of use, it is the lowest performing of the so called professional counting systems. KO is close but not as powerful as Hi-Lo.

golfnut101

KO vs HI/LO

Many sims and counters profess that KO is as powerful or even slightly more so
than hi-lo for shoe games. Hi-lo slightly outperforms KO with very deep pen(90%
but who gets that ? It appears to be a trade-off unless other AP skills are being used; i.e. shuffletracking etc.

sagefr0g

ko vs hi/lo

the way i've come to view it the two systems are so close to one another in power that one should pick the one that they find the easiest to use.
i find hi/lo a good system because it is often used in the literature as a benchmark for research and i also find it just as easy to use as ko or red7.

best regards,
mr fr0g :D

ScottH

SystemsTrader said:
While KO is a quality counting system because of its ease of use, it is the lowest performing of the so called professional counting systems. KO is close but not as powerful as Hi-Lo.
KO is nearly equal to Hi-Lo played with absolutely perfect TC conversions. So throw in the occasional error and KO is better. KO and Hi-Lo are much closer in strenth than people think. For the average card counter KO is probably better, since an average card counter will make some mistakes in deck estimation, etc.

SystemsTrader

mdlbj said:
If you were to use KO and Hi-Lo with the same bankroll, which would you prefer?
I've used both but I prefer KO because it is so easy to use. But Hi-Lo is more powerful. Here is a comparison of the two.

8 deck, S17, Das, 1-10 spread, 60 hands/hour, 75% pen, $10,000 bankroll
HiLo Il18,Fab4 $5.54 per hour
KO prefered $4.89 per hour

ScottH

SystemsTrader said:
I've used both but I prefer KO because it is so easy to use. But Hi-Lo is more powerful. Here is a comparison of the two.

8 deck, S17, Das, 1-10 spread, 60 hands/hour, 75% pen, $10,000 bankroll
HiLo Il18,Fab4 $5.54 per hour
KO prefered $4.89 per hour
I didn't think KO Preferred used Fab 4, so if it doesn't you would have to subtract some EV from the HiLo to make the comparison fair.

Also, you should put up some more numbers on different games and conditions to see if the difference changes.

QFIT

KO and HiLo using the same number and accuracy indexes are essentially equal. Some circumstances HiLo is better and some KO.

SystemsTrader

ScottH said:
I didn't think KO Preferred used Fab 4, so if it doesn't you would have to subtract some EV from the HiLo to make the comparison fair.

Also, you should put up some more numbers on different games and conditions to see if the difference changes.
KO Preferred does have indexes for surrender just like HiLo has. The surrender indexes weren't used because I did not run this sim as a surrender game.
Just name the game and conditions and I will let you know which systems comes out ahead?