Pulltab advantage?

Cass

Does anyone know the house take on pulltabs? When they open a new box what is the percentage they payout? around my area they mark the winners that have been paid out. So if/when the situation comes up that there are ~100 pulltabs left and say 1 $200 winner has not yet been paid, you would just need buy the entire box. A quick $100 profit. Anyone tried this before?

Cass said:
Does anyone know the house take on pulltabs? When they open a new box what is the percentage they payout? around my area they mark the winners that have been paid out. So if/when the situation comes up that there are ~100 pulltabs left and say 1 $200 winner has not yet been paid, you would just need buy the entire box. A quick $100 profit. Anyone tried this before?
There is some research done on this subject for state instant lottery advantage play. So it's been done before.

shadroch

In NY,the non-profit clubs(Elks,VFW,Kof C,ect)can sell these.They cost 100 for 1,000 tickets and pay out 600.So The house makes 300.
When the top prize is won,they must open a new batch,but are allowed to mix the unsold ones back into the mix.
I have seen a few times when the amount of tickets left exceeds the prize money so if you bought every ticket you would come out ahead,but at that point they usually limit sales to 10 at a time and they fly.