cake walk

ScottH

I am curious as well. Me and supercool were going to try beat a kiddie carnival, but they have worthless prizes. But cakes are definitely +EV!

mdlbj

I won 3 cakes when I was 10... It was the shizzle..I was just on the right spot I guess. Maybe team play would be good for this because, are you really going to eat a whole cake alone?

supercoolmancool

mdlbj said:
I won 3 cakes when I was 10... It was the shizzle..I was just on the right spot I guess. Maybe team play would be good for this because, are you really going to eat a whole cake alone?
Well a team isn't going to work because it would still be the same losing game just with less variance. The only way to do it would be to have collusion with the volunteers at the carnival.

Sonny

supercoolmancool said:
Does anyone know how to get an advantage in the cake walk carnaval game?
Just rip a nice juicy one as the game starts. You'll have plenty of room behind you to grab an extra seat!

Alternatively, you could learn to anticipate the "dealer's signature" (like in BJ), look for a dealer bias for sector prediction (like in Roulette/Big 6) or spot a "tell." You could also try a slow walking style that maximizes your time in front of a given target.

-Sonny-

ScottH

Doing little tricks to get an advantage is not good enough. Time is money, having a tiny advantage in cake walk is meaningless.

The best idea we have come up with is for supercoolmancool to volunteer to draw numbers, and either A) have me play (would get obvious really fast) or B) hire a couple kids to win all the cakes.