Newbie needs advice

I'm still new to the game and have a question about BS.
Are there any strategy tables that are easier to memorize than the ones that show 200+ game scenarios? "Crunched" tables, if you will. If not, any advice about making the strategies easier to learn? It's one of those things that will become second nature after hours of play, but, in the meantime, it's almost too much to retain! Thanks~

Mikeaber

The more simplified the card, the less effective. There are some "generic" cards, but from what I've seen, they are not that much less complex than the rule-specific cards.

A few pointers:

(1) Look at the card and notice the hands you should "stand" on always or hit on always. Memorize those. That's not hard and most of those plays are logical and obvious.
(2) After accomplishing #1 above, you are left with what to do on the more difficult to memorize hands. First, memorize the double downs. Those seem to me to come up more often in actual play than the pair split scenarios.
(3) Finally, lock in on the pair splits.

In other words, take it systematically and practice as you are learning. It's a lot easier to retain something that you are actually doing rather than taking the theoretical approach of memorizing it all in the abstract.

BAMA21

One other bit of advice is to check out the blackjack school at bj21.com. One of the earlier lessons there is devoted to how to learn basic strategy; and he offers some good advice on "crunching" the tables down to a text based form, rather than a chart based form.