Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

  #1  
Old December 14th, 2006, 07:28 AM
techster techster is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 54
Default New Orleans Harrahs

I will be in New Orleans just after the New Year, staying across the street from Harrahs. Anyone know anything about the blackjack here? Thanks
  #2  
Old December 14th, 2006, 03:03 PM
gDGBD gDGBD is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 11
Default

Last time I was there was pre-Katrina, but you could find 6D, S17, and DAS. They didn't offer surrender.
  #3  
Old December 26th, 2006, 05:26 AM
avs21 avs21 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by techster View Post
I will be in New Orleans just after the New Year, staying across the street from Harrahs. Anyone know anything about the blackjack here? Thanks
I haven't been to Harrah's since October I didn't bother playing. The High Roller room is 6d, but everytime I checked it out it was $50 min, so I didn't bother checking out all the rules. The rest of the BJ games are crappy 8D DAS DA2 S17, no surrender and the tables usually are $15min or 25. Treasure Chest is in Kenner, which is about 15mins away has better games. They have 6D games with same rules and you can find a couple $10 tables and one $5 table, but the five dollar usually is really crowded and hard to get a seat.
  #4  
Old January 24th, 2011, 10:48 AM
pieinthesky's Avatar
pieinthesky pieinthesky is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Northeast
Posts: 106
Default Harrah's New Orleans

Could anyone provide updated info? In particular, are they still S17 on all games? Still 6D in HL? Pen? Thanks.
  #5  
Old January 25th, 2011, 07:58 PM
moo321 moo321 is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieinthesky View Post
Could anyone provide updated info? In particular, are they still S17 on all games? Still 6D in HL? Pen? Thanks.
Ken might know. Send him a PM.
  #6  
Old February 14th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Ace007 Ace007 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 52
Default

the shoe game there is 8 Deck, H17, DAS allowed, no re-splitting of aces. Not a great game there honestly.
  #7  
Old June 21st, 2011, 06:42 PM
SandBaggins's Avatar
SandBaggins SandBaggins is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 54
Default Any Updates?

Anyone play low-limit at H a r r a h 's lately?

Any and all information is appreciated!

Thanks!

SB

Last edited by SandBaggins; June 23rd, 2011 at 05:57 PM.
  #8  
Old June 21st, 2011, 10:21 PM
Automatic Monkey's Avatar
Automatic Monkey Automatic Monkey is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 5,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandBaggins View Post
Anyone play low-limit at H a r r a h 's lately?

Any and all information is appreciated!

Thanks!

Rob
It's a horrible place to play BJ. Don't even bother, go to Biloxi instead.

It's a wonderful place to stay if you get room comps and are visiting New Orleans! Clean and comfortable, not right in the tourist area but close enough so you can safely walk, free parking with 30 minutes play.
  #9  
Old June 22nd, 2011, 08:53 AM
Vytas Vytas is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: St. Pete Beach, FL
Posts: 54
Default

Take the run to Biloxi if you can. If not , at least take the ride to the Silver Slipper, about 60 miles east of the Big Sleazey. The +EV will more than make up for your time,gas, and effort.
  #10  
Old June 22nd, 2011, 02:39 PM
Dyepaintball12's Avatar
Dyepaintball12 Dyepaintball12 is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 1,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic Monkey View Post
It's a horrible place to play BJ. Don't even bother, go to Biloxi instead.

It's a wonderful place to stay if you get room comps and are visiting New Orleans! Clean and comfortable, not right in the tourist area but close enough so you can safely walk, free parking with 30 minutes play.
x2
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:15 PM.


Forum Software vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2011 Bayview Strategies LLC