Red Seven betting strategy

If you are using the red seven counting system at what point do you increase your bet?Do you wait until you reach the pivot and the count is 0 or do you increase it as the count goes from + to - ? I cant seem to get the money part working right.
Any help ?

BAMA21

I don't have my copy of BBIBJ right here; but I believe the simple answer is that, yes, when the count reaches zero, it indicates that the advantage for you has risen by about one percentage point from the starting advantage. So in most games, you'd have a slight edge at the pivot point.

The book also has an "advanced" Red 7 count, which uses Snyder's "make a fraction" system to determine what he calls your "True Edge." YOu can use this information to develop a bet ramp, similar to the scheme that hi-lo counters use with the true count.

For more in-depth information, check out Blackbelt in Blackjack by Arnold Snyder, or his website at blackjackforumonline.com.

LeonShuffle

If your running point gets back to your IRC, it would then be negative. The further into the shoe, the more negative. For every deck that's dealt, the running count should go up by 2 for the 2 extra postive cards (red 7s). If two decks have been dealt and your running count is less than 4 above where it started, you're negative. Basically.

neemo6

Using the true edge method (running count / #of decks left*2) , with counts of 0 niether the house nor player have the advantage.