Make $250-450hr

blackchipjim

Afternoon gentlemen, I came across an old betting strategy that was touted as making oodles of money without counting. I had used this series of betting progression with basic strategy before I learned to count. It seemed to work out sometimes, but I never really payed attention to the end results. I don't remember who this is attributed to but the profits were gauranteed. I was wondering if someone could run a sim on this or if it's even worth it? It goes like this, first bet 10 if you win, 10,15,25,30,40,50, if you lose a hand back to 10 and the series starts over. blackchipjim

LeonShuffle

blackchipjim said:
I was wondering if someone could run a sim on this or if it's even worth it?
It's not worth it. There are a million* progressions similar to that one and they're all the same: Useless.

*slight exaggeration

QFIT

blackchipjim said:
Afternoon gentlemen, I came across an old betting strategy that was touted as making oodles of money without counting. I had used this series of betting progression with basic strategy before I learned to count. It seemed to work out sometimes, but I never really payed attention to the end results. I don't remember who this is attributed to but the profits were gauranteed. I was wondering if someone could run a sim on this or if it's even worth it? It goes like this, first bet 10 if you win, 10,15,25,30,40,50, if you lose a hand back to 10 and the series starts over. blackchipjim
For an understanding of the "guaranteed system" scam, see http://www.blackjack-scams.com/html/free_systems.html

Some reasons

blackchipjim said:
1) If you had bet $10 each time and won all those hands, you'd be up $60.
2)If you win the first $10 bet, you're up $10.
3)Your next bet is $15 (the 10 you won and 5 of you own) and if you won this hand you'd be up 30 less your 5 for a profit of $25.
4)You bet the 25 you're up and if you lose you're even. The net effect is that you won two hands and lost one but don't show any profit.
If you won the $25 bet, you'd be up $50.
5)If you lose the next bet of 30, you'd still be up $20.
If you won that bet, you're now up $80. instead of 40 (flat betting).
6) If you lose the $40 bet, you're still up 40.(flat betting you would be up 30).
If you won the $40 bet, you'd be up $120 instead of being up $50(flat betting.)
7)If you won the last bet of 50, you'd be up $170. instead of 60(flat betting).
If you lost the last bet of 50, you're still up $70 instead of $60.
8) Problems:
A)If you get a double-down or multiple splits, you lose control of your betting if you lose. Up to that point you were playing with winnings on the series but now you have to risk new money.
B) You need a lot of those series to offset all the waiting bets before a series starts. Those series won't happen often enough.:cry:

Sonny

blackchipjim said:
I was wondering if someone could run a sim on this or if it's even worth it?
No sim required on this one. The system is simple enough that we can figure it out without using a computer.

Your average bet will be around $22. Your bets will be equally distributed over all advantages/disadvantages so the house edge will be around 0.5% on all bets. You will lose about eleven cents every time you make a bet. After 100 hands (about an hour) you should expect to lose about $11 on average. If you had flat bet $10 then you would have lost about $5.65 ($11.30 average bet). This progression system is about 95% worse than flat betting (almost twice as bad!).

-Sonny-

shadroch

Sonny,
I'm curious how you come up with an average bet of $22. did you use a formula or is that a guesstimate?

My thoughts were he'd be betting $10 well over 70% of the time as you bet $10 after any loss plus you bet $10 following the first win.Wouldn't he only get to the $25 level about 10% of the time?

Easy counting system

Has anyone tried this easy counting system which claims to give you a verified edge. Best to play on double deck. The basic counting involves add one for cards 2 thru 6 at the completion of the hand then subtract the number of players including the dealer. It is a lot easier than the hilo or similar more difficult systems. When you are plus you increase your bet four times from your base unit. Easy enough but does it work, has anyone tried it for a significant sessions analysis? I did try it for about an hour last time with a slight negative, not sure it was worth the extra effort.

blackchipjim said:
your not serious are you? dude.. whats .5% of 10? 15? 25? 30? .5% is .5%, there is nothing around that.. if your getting 99.5% of the pie, thats what your getting, no more, no less, in the long run.. the martingale works (bet 10, 20, 40, 80, 160, until u win), if you include that you have about a 1% chance of hitting the table limits and/or going bankrupt, so it will be wins of $10 $10 $10 $10 $10 $10 $10 $10.. LOSS OF $2000.. im surprised u asked a question about a betting system.. CLEARLY they dont work, u dont need a book to tell u that