4- 4 Unit
5- 5 Unit

However, I've seen a betting system that goes like this:

1- 1 Unit
2- 2 Unit
3- 4 Unit
4- 8 Unit
5- 16 Unit

I'm assuming the variation is much wider with the second, exponential, system. But any opinions on it? Is it better than my linear betting system? Wouldn't the risk of ruin be much higher for the second system? Does anyone have any other true count betting systems?

supercoolmancool

phusers said:
Using the Hi-Lo count, my betting strategy for each true count:

1- 1 Betting Unit
2- 2 Unit
3- 3 Unit
4- 4 Unit
5- 5 Unit

However, I've seen a betting system that goes like this:

1- 1 Unit
2- 2 Unit
3- 4 Unit
4- 8 Unit
5- 16 Unit

I'm assuming the variation is much wider with the second, exponential, system. But any opinions on it? Is it better than my linear betting system? Wouldn't the risk of ruin be much higher for the second system? Does anyone have any other true count betting systems?
Well if you're only spreading 1-5 then I hope you're playing 1-2 deck games. The other strategy looks like 6-8 decks. Really the only difference is the bet spread. He can't spread 1-16 linearly. Personally I always like to have my max bet at +4 true count.

shadroch

The thing with the second system is that it gives the impression you are simply doubling your bet if it happens in consecutive rounds.I you are betting hi at the right times,and have the proper BR,you ROR shouldn't be high at all.