Have ever used one?

blackchipjim

And no get your mind out of the gutter. Seriously have you ever used a voodoo strategy for cover. I had to use a progressive betting strategy to get to my max bet without drawing heat at the table. I was lucky by winning my hands and just kept the bet out there with a little adjustment. I was winning when others were cutting back their bets. I don't know if I really lost out on making more than I did but, as for cover it did work. blackchipjim

blackchipjim said:
And no get your mind out of the gutter. Seriously have you ever used a voodoo strategy for cover. I had to use a progressive betting strategy to get to my max bet without drawing heat at the table. I was lucky by winning my hands and just kept the bet out there with a little adjustment. I was winning when others were cutting back their bets. I don't know if I really lost out on making more than I did but, as for cover it did work. blackchipjim
This is not a voodoo thread, but yes - I like a positive progression in neg-counts and a negative progression in posi-counts.

And when I did some depth-charging in Reno, I told the pit that I was using my new "double progression" - "The best of both worlds - win or lose I just keep doubling my bet until the shuffle!" zg

EasyRhino

I saw a fun progression going on last weekend. Dude was sitting at a table playing greens, playing two spots. He was running a positive progression (single chip on each win, I think). Thing is, each spot was independent. If the hand lost, he'd replace with a single chip.

He ended up on a streak where the right hand kept losing, and the left hand kept winning and getting bigger and bigger and bigger. It looked like great fun. Course, he said he had been waiting for that all weekend, so I don't think it was very profitable. :)

dacium

I always progression especially if your progression involves zero amount bets so they can be played when the count is bad :)

If you are only betting when the count is positive you can progression without really loosing anything, just risking a bit more ruin.

Also if you like the gambling aspect of blackjack, progression betting can be fun. If you want to try and make a huge amount of money quickly (or loose it) progression is the way to go.