Bizzarro day at the Borgata.

shadroch

I drove an old client down to AC today,and he staked me to some capital on the grounds that he wanted to show me his foolproof progressive system.Every time I see him,he claims to have made serious bucks playing his progressive.All I know for sure is that MGM pays for him to fly first class whenevber he wants,and Borgota gave him a three room suite on Memorial Day.
This is his system in a nutshell.-Everything comes in waves of 5. You start with a one unit bet,and triple it each hand,win or lose until the fifth hand. Then you revert back to one unit and start over.You must play third base,and you deviate from basic strategy only on these hands-You NEVER double against an 8 or higher,and you sometimes need to eat a card if someone does something stupid,because as third base,you have a sacred duty to win for the table.
So we arrive at the B,and he goes to the cage where he deposits $35,000 in $20 bills.For those of you who have never seen 1700plus $20 bills,it pretty much fills a good size gym bag. We hit his suite for a pre-game round of drinks-Moet and Hennesy,with an Aguadiente chaser and go hit the tables.
He signs for 10,000 and tosses me ten black chips.We both start betting $25.
Three shoes later,I haven't gotten a whiff of a good count and am up $50 flat-betting.Meanwhile,Tony is consistantly losing three or four small bets but banging out his fifth($2,000) bet seemingly everytime.He'd bet $25. Lose. Bet $75 lose.bet $225 lose Bet $675 lose,bet $2,000 hit a BJ.He's up almost $30,000 in the same three shoes.He's tipping the dealer black chips,the cocktail waitress green and black,and after winning a hand where he split with a $2,000 bet out,he tipped every player $100.
Sick to my stomach,I stopped playing. Tony NEVER lost five hands in a row,cashed out for $53,000 after paying his marker and treated me to a Surf and Turf,courtesy of the Borgata.
It was enough to make me cry.It was a long drive home.

shadroch said:
I drove an old client down to AC today,and he staked me to some capital on the grounds that he wanted to show me his foolproof progressive system.Every time I see him,he claims to have made serious bucks playing his progressive.All I know for sure is that MGM pays for him to fly first class whenevber he wants,and Borgota gave him a three room suite on Memorial Day.
This is his system in a nutshell.-Everything comes in waves of 5. You start with a one unit bet,and triple it each hand,win or lose until the fifth hand. Then you revert back to one unit and start over.You must play third base,and you deviate from basic strategy only on these hands-You NEVER double against an 8 or higher,and you sometimes need to eat a card if someone does something stupid,because as third base,you have a sacred duty to win for the table.
So we arrive at the B,and he goes to the cage where he deposits $35,000 in $20 bills.For those of you who have never seen 1700plus $20 bills,it pretty much fills a good size gym bag. We hit his suite for a pre-game round of drinks-Moet and Hennesy,with an Aguadiente chaser and go hit the tables.
He signs for 10,000 and tosses me ten black chips.We both start betting $25.
Three shoes later,I haven't gotten a whiff of a good count and am up $50 flat-betting.Meanwhile,Tony is consistantly losing three or four small bets but banging out his fifth($2,000) bet seemingly everytime.He'd bet $25. Lose. Bet $75 lose.bet $225 lose Bet $675 lose,bet $2,000 hit a BJ.He's up almost $30,000 in the same three shoes.He's tipping the dealer black chips,the cocktail waitress green and black,and after winning a hand where he split with a $2,000 bet out,he tipped every player $100.
Sick to my stomach,I stopped playing. Tony NEVER lost five hands in a row,cashed out for $53,000 after paying his marker and treated me to a Surf and Turf,courtesy of the Borgata.
It was enough to make me cry.It was a long drive home.
Smart play on your part! You should have volunteered to play his progression too, with his money. That's the only time you want to play any kind of a progression, when you get to keep the wins and write off the losses.

shadroch

ScottH said:
They obviously know who is he and realize he isn't an advantage player. They paid for all his flights there so...

Being AC even if they knew he was an AP,all they could do is shuffle,which wouldn't effect him in the least.

iwantblackjack

shadroch said:
I drove an old client down to AC today,...Every time I see him,he claims to have made serious bucks playing his progressive.All I know for sure is that MGM pays for him to fly first class whenevber he wants,and Borgota gave him a three room suite on Memorial Day... So we arrive at the B,and he goes to the cage where he deposits $35,000 in $20 bills. He signs for 10,000 and tosses me ten black chips.We both start betting $25. Three shoes later,I haven't gotten a whiff of a good count and am up $50 flat-betting.Meanwhile,Tony is consistantly losing three or four small bets but banging out his fifth($2,000) bet seemingly everytime.He'd bet $25. Lose. Bet $75 lose.bet $225 lose Bet $675 lose,bet $2,000 hit a BJ.He's up almost $30,000 in the same three shoes.He's tipping the dealer black chips,the cocktail waitress green and black,and after winning a hand where he split with a $2,000 bet out,he tipped every player $100. Sick to my stomach,I stopped playing. Tony NEVER lost five hands in a row,cashed out for $53,000 after paying his marker and treated me to a Surf and Turf,courtesy of the Borgata.
I'm confused. He deposits $35k in 20's at cage. Why 20's is my question too!!! (Does he have 17 ATM cards with checking & savings accounts?) Sure, the Borgata must definitely know him. How did he get his $53k cashout??? (did he ask it in 20's and/or 100's, or check?) He won $18k after about 2hrs. How about his losing sessions? (or does he always forget them?)

shadroch

iwantblackjack said:
I'm confused. He deposits $35k in 20's at cage. Why 20's is my question too!!! (Does he have 17 ATM cards with checking & savings accounts?) Sure, the Borgata must definitely know him. How did he get his $53k cashout??? (did he ask it in 20's and/or 100's, or check?) He won $18k after about 2hrs. How about his losing sessions? (or does he always forget them?)

1)I have no idea why he had twentys,and wasn't about to ask
2) You are mistaken. He won $53,000 in a little over two hours. He paid off his $10,000 marker and still had his $35,000 on deposit at the cage.
3) According to him,he seldom loses his $10-15,000 buyin but if he does,he's finished for the day.He says he's never had three straight losing sessions,and has had several $100,000 plus winning sessions.

to quote a recent movie,the whole situation was mind-bottling.

shadroch

Mr. T said:
You are in Voodoo land. You are also captivated by this guy's hgh roller status. Wake up man.

[Edited by moderator]

Yes,it is voodoo,hence it was placed in the voodoo forum.Or do you think that was some cosmic coincidence?:laugh:

dacium

Most likly he did use an ATM. If you try to take that kind of cash out of a bank it can get tricky. First you need photo ID, then they are meant to call the bank manager of the branch where you opened the account... plus whatever line up is inside and them getting the money and counting it, you can end up spending an hour in the bank. Many cards can take $5,000 cash each and credit cards will have no limit if they are in credit.