First timeplaying OSCAR with $$$$$$

newyorkbear

After a few weeks of experimenting on my computer,I went out on a gambling ship to give the OSCAR betting strategy a real life try.
Took $1000, and played $5 bets. Really was going to cut my losses at the $500,but took some extra along for insurance.
After scoping the BJ tables for awhile,I decided not to play because of bad rules and inept players,so I wandered over to the roulette table and joined in.
Bet $5 on red and proceeded from there.45 minutes later,without ever making a bet bigger than $15,I walked away up $50.
Went to the craps table and won $50 in a half hour,again with my biggest bet being $15.
My buddy had taken a bad hit on the BJ tables so we grabbed a beer and hit the deck to enjoy what might easily be the last nice nite on the ocean here in NY this year.
I'd been telling him about the system but he was quite sceptical. Since we were stuck on the boat another ouple of hours,he agreed to give it a try.An hour later he was up $30 playing roulette.After another beer /scenery break we went back to the roulette table. This time I played Red and he played Black.The dealer gave us a knowing look,thinking we were trying to cancel each others bets out,and registering some extra "action" in hope of getting future comps.He was pretty surprised when we each cashed out up a nice bit an hour later. This time,it was rough going for awhile,as I started with a $5 bet,and at one point was down $135 and betting $30 a pop. But I ended up breaking even for that "inning", and winning $35 for that session.My bud won $55 for the same session.Keep in mind-I was betting Red while he played Black.
I ended up $115 in the black for the trip after $10 admission and tipping.
I realize this system isn't an end-all,be-all,but with a bankroll of 200 units,it certainly seems fairly easy to post winning sessions of 10 to 20 percent.
I'm hoping to get to AC Tuesday and try it out on Sic-Bo as well.Can't try it on BJ in AC since the intial bet is too high for a still unproven theory,but soon.....

newyorkbear

I'm new here.
Is it permissible to give urls for other websites If so,Yes I do.
You can find it also by googling Oscars Grind. Try to find Arnold Snyders articles on the subject.

Mikeaber

newyorkbear said:
I'm new here.
Is it permissible to give urls for other websites If so,Yes I do.
You can find it also by googling Oscars Grind. Try to find Arnold Snyders articles on the subject.
Sure....links or URLS are fine here as long as they are not blatent advertisements (SPAM). Just use good judgement. We link to Wizzard of Odds quite a bit here as well as other websites that are not commercial.

newyorkbear

Arnold Snyder has written several articles on Oscars Grind . You can find them in the library of his Blackjack Forum Online.
http://www.blackjackforumonline.com

I just want to state that I am not pushing Oscar as some magic bullet. I've been playing BJ for several years now and am pretty good at card counting.I recently came across this theory and have been playing around with it,and my own variation. One thing I have figuered out;
IT IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART,THE INEXPERIANCED PLAYER,NOR THE UNDERFUNDED.
Trying this with anyting less than a 100X your first bet might be an invitation to disaster.
Over time,I have built up my BJ bankroll to where I am comfortable using some of it to investigate this theory. I am curious about it,I'm certainly not recommending it.YET!

Quinc

only a 1 out of 5000 chance of losing! is that only if you have a $13,000 b.r and are playing at a 1$ table? if not, then that sounds pretty damn good! counting is the best way when it comes to bj but i will deffiantly give this a shot on the roulette, and craps tables.

Thank you for posting that link newyorkbear!

newyorkbear

No,the 1 in 5,000 is on any table,assuming you have the proper bankroll. However to have the proper bankroll on a $5 table would be much,much higher than $13,000. I'm pretty sure its not simply 5x13,000,but some much higher figure.
It does make interesting reading.

ScottH

newyorkbear said:
Arnold Snyder has written several articles on Oscars Grind . You can find them in the library of his Blackjack Forum Online.
http://www.blackjackforumonline.com

I just want to state that I am not pushing Oscar as some magic bullet. I've been playing BJ for several years now and am pretty good at card counting.I recently came across this theory and have been playing around with it,and my own variation. One thing I have figuered out;
IT IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART,THE INEXPERIANCED PLAYER,NOR THE UNDERFUNDED.
Trying this with anyting less than a 100X your first bet might be an invitation to disaster.
Over time,I have built up my BJ bankroll to where I am comfortable using some of it to investigate this theory. I am curious about it,I'm certainly not recommending it.YET!
If you are good at card counting why on earth would you opt for a betting strategy? You should know that there is no betting strategy that can overcome the house edge. You are simply placing bets at the house edge. I would ditch the betting strategy and stick with counting...