I am, like you all, very keen to play on casino (I like 888 casino until now - probably because I got used to it)
I have made some researches on how safe/secure is to make a deposit by credit/debit card on online casinos (not to mention the cash-out policies, that have been discussed several times within this forum).
I found few things that made me think more than twice before starting my "online casino experience":
- I have never seen any casino using 3D secure feature for processing online payments, which is a recommendation (and soon, it will be a must) for all VISA/MasterCard processors
- for credit card deposits it is difficult to identify the online payment processor that the casinos use
- some security experts talk about spyware and adware inside casino desktop applications: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,15409356
- when making your deposit you cannot see any "Certificate" on the deposit page - it is true that they say it is a safe connection, but you cannot see if the page is using HTTPS (the locker is just a logo; normally, in a browser you can see the yellow locker and you can click on it to see the certificate - down-right)
- I read that for credit/debit cards, there are some new rules from MasterCard and VISA, that do not allow the casinos to pay you the cash-outs, no more than the initial ammount you have deposited through card - for the rest they will use another method - that is why, some casinos do not mention as cash-out payment method the credit cards
- did anybody was in the situation to provide further documents for cash-outs ? IDs, Credit Card copies, Driver license copy, etc? would give your personal information for that? do you know the risks?
I hope somebody here has these answers for me (and for you too)