Fun Time At A Table.

shadroch

I'm down in Laughlin for a few days,and one of my fraternity Brothers and his wife joined me for the weekend.They moved out to Summerlin about six months ago,and he's been playing lo stakes at the EC and Rampart.
The three of us join the table at the same time,buy in for $100 each and flat bet $5 for two single deck shuffles.I'm at 1st bse,he and his wife are at third,and shortstop(?)There are two other players at the table. After the first round of the new shoe,Howie raises his bet to $10 and proclaims 'Demi" out loud. I say- "Demi.no! Demimoore!". "Oreo" he replies. I grunt and raise my bet as well.Next hand,we drop back to our regular bet.
On the new shuffle,he asks"Demi". I reply "TonTon"."TonTon McCoo" he asks,"Tan",I reply and he raises his bet. "Jawa?" asks his wife? "Zeegee",I reply,and we all cross ourselves.A pitboss wanders over,and Howie offers him a hit off his cigarette.When he declines,Howie gestures at him and says" rabba...rabba,rabbabowzi" I pretend to be shocked and say Nola,nola. hilo,hilo. He gets up,says Ko,Ko,Ko.,tosses a white chip at the PB and leaves.
His wife follows,and I say in broken Spanish-"I'm sorry,my friends don't get above ground much these years" and leave.
Perhaps you had to be there.