High Tie Blackjack

What do you guys think about this one? I have been playing it for about the last 2 weeks straight and i usually can get a few suited bj (15:1) and about one high tie (50:1) per visit. with a $5 bet on it every hand and playing 2 hands i lose a decent amount but im wondering if there are any tweaks to a good HiLo system that would help me out.

they have auto shoes and one or two 8 deck games hit on soft 17, w/ doubles any, after splits, with resplits.

shadroch

The chances of getting any BJ on a given hand are 1 in 23.About one out of four BJS are suited. If you are betting a few dollars every hand on getting a suited Bj that pays only 15-1,you'll go broke rather quickly.I have no idea what a hi-tie bet is,but if the other part of the bet is an indiction,it's also a bad bet.

Sonny said:
The version that you are playing has a house edge of 6.2%.

http://wizardofodds.com/blackjack/appendix8.html#hightie

I'm sure you could find a system to beat it, but I don't know if it would be +EV often enough to be worthwhile. It would be a fun experiment though. Any takers?

-Sonny-
You could probably beat it with a combination of both a High-Low count and a suit count. But you wouldn't get very much action down, just an academic exercise I'd assume.

Kasi

shadroch said:
The chances of getting any BJ on a given hand are 1 in 23.About one out of four BJS are suited.
No big deal but the chances of a BJ on any given hand are about 1 in 21 depending on number of decks. Never nowhere near 1 in 23. Probably a typo.

The chances of a suited BJ are always exactly one-fourth the chances of any BJ. No abouts about it lol.

letsdothis21

Kasi said:
The chances of a suited BJ are always exactly one-fourth the chances of any BJ. No abouts about it lol.
Wouldn't the chances be even worse than 1/4th the normal blackjack? Both cards have to be the same exact suite, so (1/4) x (1/4) = 1/16th of a normal blackjack right?

Sonny

letsdothis21 said:
Wouldn't the chances be even worse than 1/4th the normal blackjack? Both cards have to be the same exact suite, so (1/4) x (1/4) = 1/16th of a normal blackjack right?
You're thinking of a specific suited BJ (only hearts, only clubs, etc.). The probability of getting any of the 4 suited BJs is greater than that.

-Sonny-

Sonny

Let’s work out the math to see what happens.

The probabilities for a regular BJ are:
=(Ten & Ace BJ) + (Ace & Ten BJ)
=(Tens/Cards * Aces/Cards) + (Aces/Cards * Tens/Cards)
=16/52 * 4/51 + 4/52 * 16/51
=.3077 *.078 + .077 * .314
= .024 + .024 = .048
= 1-out-of-21

For a suited BJ of any suit we get:
=(Any ten/Cards * Whichever ace matches the ten we got/Cards) + (Any ace/Cards * All tens that match the ace/Cards)
=16/52 * 1/51 + 4/52 * 4/51
=.3077 * .02 + .077 * .078
=.006 + .006 = .012
=1-out-of-83

For a suited BJ of a particular suit we get:
=4/52 * 1/51 + 1/52 * 4/51
=.077 * .02 + .02 * .078
= .00154 + .0016 = .003
=1-out-of-318

The probability of a suited BJ is 1/4th of a regular BJ, and the probability of a particular suited BJ is 1/4th of a suited BJ which is 1/4 * 1/4 = 1/16th of a regular BJ.

-Sonny-

Even better NEW game coming!

The game is called FortuneTeller Blackjack. You can start by placing a blackjack wager or place the same table min wager on your hand to bust instead. This wager pays 2:1. The dealer will deal your hand house ways.

If you choose to play a blackjack hand you will have several different side wager possibilities. You may bet (or predict your hand outcome) on 17 (pays 6:1), 18 (pays 6:1), 19(pays 6:1), 20 (pays 4:1) or 21 (pays 10:1).
A limit of one prediction wager on the above wagers is in place.

Then you can predict a Tie with the dealer and this pays 8:1.

And the last wager is the Blackjack prediction wager which pays 12:1.
But if the dealer gets ablackjack as well, it causes the 12:1 payout to change to 100:1.

If you are playing 2 hands and both hands predict blackjack and they both get blackjack and the dealer does as well... each hand has scored a Triple Blackjack and pays 1,000: each!!!

Its going to start being played in Las Vegas FIRST, and this is almost uheard of when a game STARTS in Las Vegas.

Keep your eye out for that one!