I Found It

thats right i have found it. the flat bet is how i win :) i always are up some then when i bet higher and higher i win lower and lower so i just make a smooth flat bet and keep it like that I'm brilliant

:whip: :eyepatch: :flame: :devil: :cat: :whip: :sad:

ihate17

An extremely short book

Flat bet till you are ahead and then never play blackjack again. This system will work for many but not all, but if you do get ahead it is foolproof.
How much do you think I can get for this book or is it better to sell this system on the internet?

ihate17

Renzey

A very convincing Voodoo System

Play proper basic strategy, use flat bets and quit for the day any time you get even one bet ahead.

The upside? You'll make a winner on over 80% of your sessions.

The downside? You'll still end up a loser overall.

Many people have used this strategy, fallen just moderately into the right hand area of the bell shaped curve and ripped off say, 20 winners out of 22 sessions. No matter what happens after that, their faith in the system is unshakeable.

Renzey

I love listening to the fools at the tables with all there incorrect knowledge, theories and hunches.

I just cannot believe in this day and age with the internet that people do not even know basic strategy.

Although I must admit I entertain them by suggesting silly things just to amuse myself.

Kasi

Renzey said:
Play proper basic strategy, use flat bets and quit for the day any time you get even one bet ahead.

I was just wondering how you defined a session and perhaps with how many units of a bankroll. But still assuming flat-betting.

After all, even with a 10 unit bankroll playing roulette with over a 5% HA, one would still finish one unit up 85% of the time. But that's an even-money game so perhaps not valid. But, still, over 10 times worse than BJ.

Also I was wondering if you could figure out what percent it might change to if one quit when only at least a half-unit ahead.

Would you say that with a 300 unit bankroll or so to begin each session, if one defined a session as playing a maximum of 1000 hands, flat-betting, and either quitting when one-half unit ahead and beginning a new session, or playing the whole 1000 hands, that it would be out of line to say one would win a half-unit or more in almost 97% of one's sessions?

Renzey

Bottom Line

After all the smoke clears, it doesn't really matter whether you quit as soon as you get 1 unit ahead -- or a half unit ahead, or how good your session win rate is. All your sessions will just piggyback end-to-end as if they were one long session anyway and you'lll be left with a bottom line that reflects your EV.

aslan

Renzey said:
After all the smoke clears, it doesn't really matter whether you quit as soon as you get 1 unit ahead -- or a half unit ahead, or how good your session win rate is. All your sessions will just piggyback end-to-end as if they were one long session anyway and you'lll be left with a bottom line that reflects your EV.
I.e., NO "betting system" can ever overcome the house advantage in the L-T. No. None. Nada. Period. Exclamation point!

Renzey said:

The downside? You'll still end up a loser overall.

Many people have used this strategy, fallen just moderately into the right hand area of the bell shaped curve and ripped off say, 20 winners out of 22 sessions. No matter what happens after that, their faith in the system is unshakeable.
that is why i say that whole "make sure u know when to leave" crap is bullshit, because if your up $300, by putting $200 away, that doesnt do a damn thing for the long run.. "knowing when to stop" and "leave when your ahead" will only work if you apply to that stopping gambling all together for the rest of your life.. yet almost every book says to do that.. i dont get it.. 10 hours in 1 day or 5 hours in 2 days, its the same thing.. money lost/gain per hour will be the same in the long run, because the long run doesnt care if you quit at midnight on wednesday and then played again on saturday, its all added together

ihate17

There are many books but few worth buying

SilentBob420BMFJ said:
that is why i say that whole "make sure u know when to leave" crap is bullshit, because if your up $300, by putting $200 away, that doesnt do a damn thing for the long run.. "knowing when to stop" and "leave when your ahead" will only work if you apply to that stopping gambling all together for the rest of your life.. yet almost every book says to do that.. i dont get it.. 10 hours in 1 day or 5 hours in 2 days, its the same thing.. money lost/gain per hour will be the same in the long run, because the long run doesnt care if you quit at midnight on wednesday and then played again on saturday, its all added together
Bob, you mention that almost every book says quit while you are ahead. I agree with your statement, but you must take a few things into consideration. Who the book is written for, the quality of the information in the book and the context in which the advice is given.

If the book is not about advantage play and does not tout a winning system but instead is a kind of fun book with pointers on how an amatuer can get more enjoyment out of his gaming dollars, then telling him to quit while ahead, fits as decent advice in this kind of book, in my opinion. Of course they never explain to him that he might land up with many short winning sessions which are greatly destroyed by several marathon losing sessions.

Then you have those many "winning system" books in your local bookstore that are full of poor information but sell because they are touting how to win with mathematically unsound advice and progressions. Here, the statement "quit while you are ahead" is a hedge used by the author so he can lie and say, my system works.

ihate17

ihate17 said:
Bob, you mention that almost every book says quit while you are ahead. I agree with your statement, but you must take a few things into consideration. Who the book is written for, the quality of the information in the book and the context in which the advice is given.

If the book is not about advantage play and does not tout a winning system but instead is a kind of fun book with pointers on how an amatuer can get more enjoyment out of his gaming dollars, then telling him to quit while ahead, fits as decent advice in this kind of book, in my opinion. Of course they never explain to him that he might land up with many short winning sessions which are greatly destroyed by several marathon losing sessions.

Then you have those many "winning system" books in your local bookstore that are full of poor information but sell because they are touting how to win with mathematically unsound advice and progressions. Here, the statement "quit while you are ahead" is a hedge used by the author so he can lie and say, my system works.

ihate17
its from good all around books, like kevin blackwood's play blackjack like the pros, in the chapter on bankroll and such