Treasure Island

mjbballar23

anyone know what conditions are like at Treasure Island in Red Wing, Minnesota. Im looking specifically for info on penetration and heat. thanks

mjbballar23

mystic

mystic lake has 2,4,6,8 deck tables. 2 and 4 deck tables are higher limits $15 and up. penetration varies a lot from what i've seen 1.3/2, 3.2/4, 5/6, and 6.5/8. somewhere around there. recently i've seen a decline in penetration but like i said it varies.

toastblows

Treasure Island ranges from $5 - $100 minimum tables.

Prime tables are in high stakes only, usually 4 of 8 tables open:

one 2 deck $25 min
one 6 deck $25 min
one 4 or 6 deck at $50 min
one 6 deck at $100 min.

Fri/Sat nights all 8 tables in high stakes may be running and its a variation of that. Stay away from low limit, its like a cattle field out there. I have had the most profit from the $100 6 deck...i attribute that to usually having to play by myself....the "correct" way. The 2 deck $25 is nice if you can get it alone or 1 other person. Usually you can't do this because the cattle plop down after seeing you stack up to the ceiling and 6 people on a 2 deck is like playing slots.

I was booted out of TI in the mid-late 90s for beating a 2 deck $10 table (I was a nieve 18 years old and that was the sweatest gig around). Never sit on a six if you know the dealer is going to bust :laugh: They banished me from table play for life, but somehow i still play there. ;) If you play smart and take losses to cover your system, you can avoid heat. I will occasionally hit on 16's when i know a 10 is coming just to play the idiot blackjack player. My typical take from that $100 table playing "dumb" is 500-1500 in less than 1 hour sessions.

P.S.
They do not have surrender as of this time that i have found. No over under 13. They must stand on soft 17 (if i recall, i dont really care so this may be wrong). Penetration seems to be around 70%, depends on dealer in my experience.

Last edited:

mjbballar23

Ti

so they are cutting off well over a deck on their six deck shoes????? any accurate info on treasure islands penetration would be greatly appreciated..

Cass

toastblows said:
Treasure Island ranges from $5 - $100 minimum tables.

Prime tables are in high stakes only, usually 4 of 8 tables open:

one 2 deck $25 min
one 6 deck $25 min
one 4 or 6 deck at $50 min
one 6 deck at $100 min.

Fri/Sat nights all 8 tables in high stakes may be running and its a variation of that. Stay away from low limit, its like a cattle field out there. I have had the most profit from the $100 6 deck...i attribute that to usually having to play by myself....the "correct" way. The 2 deck $25 is nice if you can get it alone or 1 other person. Usually you can't do this because the cattle plop down after seeing you stack up to the ceiling and 6 people on a 2 deck is like playing slots.

I was booted out of TI in the mid-late 90s for beating a 2 deck $10 table (I was a nieve 18 years old and that was the sweatest gig around). Never sit on a six if you know the dealer is going to bust :laugh: They banished me from table play for life, but somehow i still play there. ;) If you play smart and take losses to cover your system, you can avoid heat. I will occasionally hit on 16's when i know a 10 is coming just to play the idiot blackjack player. My typical take from that $100 table playing "dumb" is 500-1500 in less than 1 hour sessions.

P.S.
They do not have surrender as of this time that i have found. No over under 13. They must stand on soft 17 (if i recall, i dont really care so this may be wrong). Penetration seems to be around 70%, depends on dealer in my experience.

I call B.s. on your post unless you are saying you were reading the hole card. and i doubt that you were since there 2d games are even dealt from shoe. TI changed to H17 about a year and a half ago. It is a average game at best. The high stakes are decent if you can afford it. JJ is probably the best in MN if you dont get the boot! they are paranoid of counters.

toastblows

Cass said:
I call B.s. on your post unless you are saying you were reading the hole card. and i doubt that you were since there 2d games are even dealt from shoe. TI changed to H17 about a year and a half ago. It is a average game at best. The high stakes are decent if you can afford it. JJ is probably the best in MN if you dont get the boot! they are paranoid of counters.
I have been there in the last month since my post...the games in High Stakes I played where hitting on soft 17.

As for the booting:

It was in a shoe yes, it was a $10 2D game and no i could not see the hole card. I was a dumb 18 year old kid who just learned basic strategy and hi low...i didnt even know about the True Count...just the running count. I recall that staying on a 6 had a 10+ running count and just thinking that the dealer showing a 4 with a running count 10+ on a 2D...meant 14 + 10 = me winning on a 6...and me hitting meant 16 to 14....so what would a 16 be good for. Of course when I stayed on the 6, they had to announce it the floor...probably to either indicate somethings up or im a complete idiot. My bet fluctuations were stupid too...when i thought low cards were coming i bet $10...when i thought high cards were coming i bet $30...stupid. When you start winning a lot of $30 hands and losing a lot of $10 hands....stupid. it was basically a combination of ignorance...if you know how to count but dont know how to hide it, then you are missing 1/2 the game....

I also attribute another factor to their suspicion. I was a freshman in college...it was around 10-11am in the morning on a weekday during the school year...so knowing that 95% of the place was seniors...and probably I was the only 18 year old in the place...not losing but playing oddly...I guessed that also raised a red flag pretty quick. My play was described as "odd" and i was "no longer welcome to play BJ"...though i could still use the facility and slots etc.

Cass

mjbballar23 said:
is jj paranoid of counters just in the high stakes lounge or does that apply to all their blackjack tables?
I think they are most paranoid on there double deck games, and the high stakes... Wonging is awesome on a busy night because mid shoe entry is allowed. Just dont overstay your welcome.

Feb 23, 2008

mjbballar23 said:
anyone know what conditions are like at Treasure Island in Red Wing, Minnesota. Im looking specifically for info on penetration and heat. thanks
I played there tonight, only on one table....
$10 min/$195 max: 50% pen DD, Hit Soft 17, Re-Split Aces, Double any two except blackjack, and DAS.

High stakes had anywhere from $15 6-deck to $25 and $50 4 deck when I showed up around 8pm. Left around 10pm, and saw only $25 and up in high stakes.

Every dealer was yelling out when the shuffle was, and had to wait for approval before getting a cut. all requests for check change were also yelled out - even breaking a $5 for two $2.50. On all tables, every time.

I don't count, so I can't say for sure what the heat is like...but it seems like it might be strong
There ya have it.