Football week 3

moo321

Colts -5 at Houston. Houston still has that same offensive line, and their secondary will have a tough time against the Colts. They haven't been anything spectacular on the ground, and the Colts seem to have toughened up vs. the run from last year.

Bengals at Seahawks, Under 50.5 +100 at Pinny. Yes, the Bengals put up a ton of points last week. But it was against the Browns. I don't think the Seahawks have anything particularly amazing at WR either, Deion Branch is over-rated.

jack.jackson

moo321 said:
Colts -5 at Houston. Houston still has that same offensive line, and their secondary will have a tough time against the Colts. They haven't been anything spectacular on the ground, and the Colts seem to have toughened up vs. the run from last year.
Give it up for houston though, 2-0 to say the least. Im sure theyre gonna make a game out of it. As for colts, man, they look pretty sharp!

moo321

Yeah, Houston has greatly improved; the defensive line looks legitimately better, and the passing offense looks very good. That said, I think that they don't match up very well against the colts; they only have one corner, and they don't have an offensive line that can abuse the Colts in the running game. Indianapolis will kill anyone who tries to win a run-and-shoot game with them, which is what this game will be.

moo321

Johnson isn't playing. The line moved to 6, but I think there's value on it with Johnson out. He IS their passing attack.

jack.jackson

moo321 said:
Yeah, Houston has greatly improved; the defensive line looks legitimately better, and the passing offense looks very good. That said, I think that they don't match up very well against the colts; they only have one corner, and they don't have an offensive line that can abuse the Colts in the running game. Indianapolis will kill anyone who tries to win a run-and-shoot game with them, which is what this game will be.
I was pretty surprised at how close the titans came to beating the colts last week. Houston, is gonna be trying to make a name for itself, therefore, their gonna be fighting harder. Though i agree they dont have the weapons to harness a victory. The possibility of an upset, to what i believe, is greater than one might suspect. 31-27(colts)

Do you watch anygames on the internet????
What in sam hell is the NFL pass.
Or what about the football package on satellite??? Can you order just one game at a time???

Whats your predictions on the bears/ cowboys game??

moo321

Well, Dallas' offense has looked very strong this year (thank you terrell owens for keeping me in fantasy football). However, the key seems to have been the running game; they're getting a lot of good passes to Owens on play action. If they can run, they can win, but I don't think they can run against the bears.

Dallas' defense hasn't been too hot. I would predict Chicago gets something going on offense, but nothing crazy, maybe 17 to 21 points. They also might shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers. There might be a little value on Chicago at -3, but I don't feel good about making a call either way.

person1125

Bears / Cowboys - bears defense will be able to slow romo down, but i'm not sure about the offense and rex. hopefully the cowboys will kick to hester :grin: and let him take another back for the TD. Even being a bears fan I would take the cowboys with the points.

ChefJJ

jack said:
I was pretty surprised at how close the titans came to beating the colts last week. Houston, is gonna be trying to make a name for itself, therefore, their gonna be fighting harder. Though i agree they dont have the weapons to harness a victory. The possibility of an upset, to what i believe, is greater than one might suspect. 31-27(colts)

Or what about the football package on satellite??? Can you order just one game at a time???

You have to take into account that the Titans are a VERY well coached team and have played Indy tight most of the time in the past few years...Houston is looking better, but I like Indy here.

I subscribe to the NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV...it's well worth it to me, but you have to get the whole season.

The Bears don't look good to me at all...I don't like a wager on that game, but the 'Boys could do it with a couple big plays on O and the token gift from Rex.

moo321

I like Detroit at Philly +240 moneyline. Detroit could easily put up a ton of points, and Philly is missing two players in the secondary. McNabb hasn't been good this year. I also think that Philadelphia has a SERIOUS clock management problem when they are down late in games (remember the super bowl?). It took them 4 minutes to put together their 4th quarter drive in the last game, and they deprived themselves of a potential second chance if the first drive didn't work out. If they get down (which is a real possiblity with Detroit's offense) they will not come back.

ChefJJ

moo321 said:
I like Detroit at Philly +240 moneyline. Detroit could easily put up a ton of points, and Philly is missing two players in the secondary. McNabb hasn't been good this year. I also think that Philadelphia has a SERIOUS clock management problem when they are down late in games (remember the super bowl?). It took them 4 minutes to put together their 4th quarter drive in the last game, and they deprived themselves of a potential second chance if the first drive didn't work out. If they get down (which is a real possiblity with Detroit's offense) they will not come back.
Amen. Philly is looking very rusty, banged up, and poorly coached. Detroit, on the other hand, is playing explosively, creating turnovers, and playing with a lot of motivation/heart.

moo321

I'm starting to think there might be value on the over in Dallas at Chicago at 41. Dallas has had an awesome offense, and not too much yardage defense. They got some turnovers last game, but I think they might allow a lot of points to get put up.

Chicago obviously has a better defense than the other teams they've played, but they're out their starting safety, who is arguably the best player in the secondary, both starting defensive tackles. Tommie Harris, who really helps the exterior pass rushers (and gets a decent rush himself), especially hurts. Adam Archuleta is more of a linebacker than a safety, and he may be a bit of a matchup problem with Witten. That said, the linebacking for Chicago is the best in the league, and he should get plenty of help.

We all know Grossman is Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde, but he doesn't need to put up TOO much for the over to win. Overall, I'm expecting more of a shootout than a slow, grinding defensive match.

jack.jackson

Not sure

moo321 said:
I'm starting to think there might be value on the over in Dallas at Chicago at 41. Dallas has had an awesome offense, and not too much yardage defense. They got some turnovers last game, but I think they might allow a lot of points to get put up.

Chicago obviously has a better defense than the other teams they've played, but they're out their starting safety, who is arguably the best player in the secondary, both starting defensive tackles. Tommie Harris, who really helps the exterior pass rushers (and gets a decent rush himself), especially hurts. Adam Archuleta is more of a linebacker than a safety, and he may be a bit of a matchup problem with Witten. That said, the linebacking for Chicago is the best in the league, and he should get plenty of help.

We all know Grossman is Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde, but he doesn't need to put up TOO much for the over to win. Overall, I'm expecting more of a shootout than a slow, grinding defensive match.
Didnt get to see the dallas/miami game, but dallas had five takeaways and gave away none! 4int,1fum Now, wether you give credit to the dallas defense or do you blame trent green for poor passes?? Probaly a little of both. That said i truly dont believe dallas would of won that game if it wasnt for the five/0 takeaways.
Now theyre goin against a stronger defense and i think a better offense as well. As far as witten goes, hes by far one of the best TE in the league, he will catch anything thats thrown to him.
I foresee a good game, but as of hardcore dallas fan 25+ they have more than their hands full with chicago. Expect alot of geild goals(24-19) chicago.:(

jack.jackson

jack said:
Didnt get to see the dallas/miami game, but dallas had five takeaways and gave away none! 4int,1fum Now, wether you give credit to the dallas defense or do you blame trent green for poor passes?? Probaly a little of both. That said i truly dont believe dallas would of won that game if it wasnt for the five/0 takeaways.
Now theyre goin against a stronger defense and i think a better offense as well. As far as witten goes, hes by far one of the best TE in the league, he will catch anything thats thrown to him.
I foresee a good game, but as of hardcore dallas fan 25+ they have more than their hands full with chicago. Expect alot of geild goals(24-19) chicago.:(
Lost the game, is what i meant.

moo321

I also think Dallas isn't going to be able to run very well against those Chicago linebackers and Archuleta in run support at safety. Oh, and 24-19 wins the over.

ChefJJ

ChefJJ said:
Amen. Philly is looking very rusty, banged up, and poorly coached. Detroit, on the other hand, is playing explosively, creating turnovers, and playing with a lot of motivation/heart.
Guess not!:p

moo321

Well, Indy and the over in Dallas made it. And it was a moneyline pick...

Jon Kitna kicked ass, though. That offense is capable of winning a super bowl if they can just get one or two things going on defense.

jack.jackson

moo321 said:
Well, Indy and the over in Dallas made it. And it was a moneyline pick...

Jon Kitna kicked ass, though. That offense is capable of winning a super bowl if they can just get one or two things going on defense.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaa, how'bout those boys. Cowboys and their massive offensive line proved to be to much for the bears. Romo appears to be for real. Cant wait for week 8 when tank johnsons suspension expires. Plus terry glenn, the starting wide reciever, should back next week as well. They won, go cowboys:)

ChefJJ

jack said:
Yaaaaaaaaaaaa, how'bout those boys. Cowboys and their massive offensive line proved to be to much for the bears. Romo appears to be for real. Cant wait for week 8 when tank johnsons suspension expires. Plus terry glenn, the starting wide reciever, should back next week as well. They won, go cowboys:)
The 'Boys have definitely emerged as the cream of the crop in the NFC.

jack said:

no, you cant order one game at a time, and nfl sunday ticket is ONLY available on directv so you have to switch your provider if you dont already have it, and its like $400, so overall, unless you REALLY REALLY love football and plan to watch at least 5 games every week, and you are planning on getting a DVR, then i wouldnt do it

ChefJJ

SilentBob420BMFJ said:
no, you cant order one game at a time, and nfl sunday ticket is ONLY available on directv so you have to switch your provider if you dont already have it, and its like $400, so overall, unless you REALLY REALLY love football and plan to watch at least 5 games every week, and you are planning on getting a DVR, then i wouldnt do it
I have Sunday Ticket, and it's not $400. And it's well worth it in my book if you are an NFL fan who has interest in multiple teams/games. Plus, DirecTV is a primo service (my opinion once again).

good luck