Short sticking

rdorange

While at Island View this past week I had one of the best times one evening. Not rolling or winning, but drinking and horsing around. Just havin a good ole time! Young drunk guy (real early 20's) and his drunk girlfriend (also real young) join the table. They are straight out stickman right, the very end of the table. She is what some craps players call a Yo! For those who are not familiar, she was a TEN (plus one). Hot pants and a real nice rack with a low V-cut. He plays and acts real big. Couldn't even keep the dice on the table. The dealer at the other end got really pissed after he got hit twice (hard). He sternly told the shooter to slow it down and knock some of the rocket juice off, that he wasn't launching missles. The dealer, Jose, also made it clear that Cubans were out of season. Anyway, I was stick left first and asked the stickman about shortsticking. He ignored my comment, and believe it or not Jose, the other dealer informed me the stickman was gay! AAWWW! We are still having fun with the other dealer and boxman keeping the couple at the table. After a few minutes another stickman arrives, who happens to be real man. I ask again about short sticking and he winks! Now we only had to convince the girl to shoot. We pressured the boyfriend to let/make her shoot. We explained girly first time begginners luck and all. He only had about $20 in red and you could tell that was the issue. I took one red and threw it on the pass line in front of her and said my treat! he-he! :laugh: She got the dice and was instructed by everyone on what to do (and how to do it). She rolled a point, who knows what it was. Any way after the second roll the fun began. The short sticking was on! I put one each of the hardways up and piggybacked the dealers. This really helped add to the fun. One time the stickman shorted so far she almost had to crawl on the table to get the dice. But seriously, she was so drunk she almost fell on the table trying to get the dice. She actually hit a few hardways and I pressed a sinle unit each time for the dealers. When she finally sevened out, you wouldn't believe what happened. The boy friend had his turn shooting and sevened real fast. The next player passed, I passed and the remaining players all passed back to her. She now had about $30 in front of her. We put her on the pass line and the fun resumed. We even made sure she had odds this time. Aren't we nice! This went on for about and hour, and we even treated them to more drinks on us!!
What a great time....VIVA - LA SHORT STICK!

Sonny

rdorange said:
The dealer, Jose, also made it clear that Cubans were out of season.
I hate people who can't keep the dice in the boat. It slows the game down so much! I’ll say something like “This ain’t baseball kid, stop swinging for the fences! Just give ‘em a nice little putt down the green.”

-Sonny-

rdorange said:
While at Island View this past week I had one of the best times one evening. Not rolling or winning, but drinking and horsing around. Just havin a good ole time! Young drunk guy (real early 20's) and his drunk girlfriend (also real young) join the table. They are straight out stickman right, the very end of the table. She is what some craps players call a Yo! For those who are not familiar, she was a TEN (plus one). Hot pants and a real nice rack with a low V-cut. He plays and acts real big. Couldn't even keep the dice on the table. The dealer at the other end got really pissed after he got hit twice (hard). He sternly told the shooter to slow it down and knock some of the rocket juice off, that he wasn't launching missles. The dealer, Jose, also made it clear that Cubans were out of season. Anyway, I was stick left first and asked the stickman about shortsticking. He ignored my comment, and believe it or not Jose, the other dealer informed me the stickman was gay! AAWWW! We are still having fun with the other dealer and boxman keeping the couple at the table. After a few minutes another stickman arrives, who happens to be real man. I ask again about short sticking and he winks! Now we only had to convince the girl to shoot. We pressured the boyfriend to let/make her shoot. We explained girly first time begginners luck and all. He only had about $20 in red and you could tell that was the issue. I took one red and threw it on the pass line in front of her and said my treat! he-he! :laugh: She got the dice and was instructed by everyone on what to do (and how to do it). She rolled a point, who knows what it was. Any way after the second roll the fun began. The short sticking was on! I put one each of the hardways up and piggybacked the dealers. This really helped add to the fun. One time the stickman shorted so far she almost had to crawl on the table to get the dice. But seriously, she was so drunk she almost fell on the table trying to get the dice. She actually hit a few hardways and I pressed a sinle unit each time for the dealers. When she finally sevened out, you wouldn't believe what happened. The boy friend had his turn shooting and sevened real fast. The next player passed, I passed and the remaining players all passed back to her. She now had about $30 in front of her. We put her on the pass line and the fun resumed. We even made sure she had odds this time. Aren't we nice! This went on for about and hour, and we even treated them to more drinks on us!!
What a great time....VIVA - LA SHORT STICK!
wtf is short sticking? (i feel i should know everything about craps, but whats the point if i will never play)

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
Short sticking means the stickman doesn't push the dice far enough toward the shooter, and the shooter has to lean way over the table to retrieve them. Now re-read the initial post and all will be clear.