Venetian

Am taking a short trip to LV next week and usually stay at Bellagio or Mirage and am trying the V this time due to 2 shows we want to see there. Am long time BS player and play 2 hands at 100-200 min per hand. Prefer double deck S17 but 6 deck shoe with S17. ls is my next stop. Also play some craps.
Any info. insight on the bj there and the hotel in general would be appreciated.

aslan

Blue Dog said:
Am taking a short trip to LV next week and usually stay at Bellagio or Mirage and am trying the V this time due to 2 shows we want to see there. Am long time BS player and play 2 hands at 100-200 min per hand. Prefer double deck S17 but 6 deck shoe with S17. ls is my next stop. Also play some craps.
Any info. insight on the bj there and the hotel in general would be appreciated.
In my experience, room comps are not hard to come by, but the place is a bit snooty IMHO. I prefer staying at planet hollywood, formerly the Aladdin, where staff is a lot friendlier and more laid back. It's a comfortable place to stay, although I preferred the ambience and decorum more under the Aladdin management. If you like the elitism stuff (er, uh, paradigm), then Venetian and Bellagio are better choices. Caesar's has updated it's look and feel as well, and don't forget the new Wynne (sp?) --they cater to high rollers. I thought the water show "O" (Cirque Du Soleil) at the Bellagio was first rate, although I didn't like sitting with Mel Ott so far up and away I had to take oxygen breaks from time to time, not to mention, I forgot to bring my 50X binoculars.

aslan said:
I thought the water show "O" (Cirque Du Soleil) at the Bellagio was first rate, although I didn't like sitting with Mel Ott so far up and away I had to take oxygen breaks from time to time, not to mention, I forgot to bring my 50X binoculars.
Don't you mean Bob Uecker?

gg

"The biggest thrill a ballplayer can have is when your son takes after you. That happened when my Bobby was in his championship Little League game. He really showed me something. Struck out three times. Made an error that lost the game. Parents were throwing things at our car and swearing at us as we drove off. Gosh, I was proud" - bob uecker

EasyRhino

Most of Venetian's games on the main floor are 8D. But I think you should be able to find 2D/6D S17 games in their higher-limit areas. (Which I have no personal experience with)

EasyRhino said:
Most of Venetian's games on the main floor are 8D. But I think you should be able to find 2D/6D S17 games in their higher-limit areas. (Which I have no personal experience with)
There are 2 deck games on the floor $50 min. Usually not worth playing. One deck cut.

aslan

Gordon Gekko said:
Don't you mean Bob Uecker?

gg

"The biggest thrill a ballplayer can have is when your son takes after you. That happened when my Bobby was in his championship Little League game. He really showed me something. Struck out three times. Made an error that lost the game. Parents were throwing things at our car and swearing at us as we drove off. Gosh, I was proud" - bob uecker
Yup! You're right! Old age. I can't think of anything else to blame it on. Early onset Alzheimer's I suppose. So you reember those commercials he did in the nose bleed seats? Funny as (fill in the blank)! lol

aslan

InPlay said:
There are 2 deck games on the floor $50 min. Usually not worth playing. One deck cut.
When there's lots of people in the hotel, yes, $50 min. But at other times they run 1, 2 or even 3 $25 games depending on the time of day. I found that pen varied and dealer hit S17, but the DD games were beatable. I wrestled with the 8D games--unbeatable, at least, by me.

ihate17

You do not want to sit with Mel

aslan said:
In my experience, room comps are not hard to come by, but the place is a bit snooty IMHO. I prefer staying at planet hollywood, formerly the Aladdin, where staff is a lot friendlier and more laid back. It's a comfortable place to stay, although I preferred the ambience and decorum more under the Aladdin management. If you like the elitism stuff (er, uh, paradigm), then Venetian and Bellagio are better choices. Caesar's has updated it's look and feel as well, and don't forget the new Wynne (sp?) --they cater to high rollers. I thought the water show "O" (Cirque Du Soleil) at the Bellagio was first rate, although I didn't like sitting with Mel Ott so far up and away I had to take oxygen breaks from time to time, not to mention, I forgot to bring my 50X binoculars.
Since Mel Ott died around 50 years ago (think it was 1958), few of us would want to sit with Mel.

ihate17