Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com

  #1  
Old November 13th, 2007, 11:54 PM
AnIrishmannot2brite AnIrishmannot2brite is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 337
Default Roach in the microwave. How long can it survive?

Don't have any in my house. Glad for that. No, I'm not a person who freaks out about an insect. Just another species on the planet.

OK so I was over at an associate's apartment the other evening. He has a roach problem. The ground floor. Got ants too. So he thinks it's cool to see how long a roach can last in the microwave. I really didn't have much choice to be involved in the experiment. Was just an unwitting bystander. would preferred to have been somewhere else.

Six minutes and still not dead...

If the Earth turned to volcanoes tomorrow. Or nuclear holocaust. A moon sized meteor crashed into the Pacific ocean and exterminated us.

The roach would still survive...

Last edited by AnIrishmannot2brite; November 13th, 2007 at 11:58 PM.
  #2  
Old November 14th, 2007, 08:53 AM
shadroch shadroch is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,696
Default

Whats next?
Will you be an unwilling participant in an experiment to see if a kitten can survive having her fur dried in a clothes dryer?
  #3  
Old November 14th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Canceler's Avatar
Canceler Canceler is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,625
Default Similar results here...

I once turned on a microwave that happened to have a bunch of live ants inside. I was fully expecting to see a lot of exploded ant corpses, but it didn't seem to affect them at all.
  #4  
Old November 14th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Liquid Chips's Avatar
Liquid Chips Liquid Chips is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 203
Default

Put the roach and ants in water THEN do the microwave and see what happens.
  #5  
Old November 15th, 2007, 03:17 PM
SilentBob420BMFJ SilentBob420BMFJ is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnIrishmannot2brite View Post
Don't have any in my house. Glad for that. No, I'm not a person who freaks out about an insect. Just another species on the planet.

OK so I was over at an associate's apartment the other evening. He has a roach problem. The ground floor. Got ants too. So he thinks it's cool to see how long a roach can last in the microwave. I really didn't have much choice to be involved in the experiment. Was just an unwitting bystander. would preferred to have been somewhere else.

Six minutes and still not dead...

If the Earth turned to volcanoes tomorrow. Or nuclear holocaust. A moon sized meteor crashed into the Pacific ocean and exterminated us.

The roach would still survive...
your going to break your microwave if you put something that small in there for 10 minutes, altho i am surprised at how something small is much better than nothing at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Chips View Post
Put the roach and ants in water THEN do the microwave and see what happens.
indeed
  #6  
Old November 16th, 2007, 06:28 PM
weavin42's Avatar
weavin42 weavin42 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 93
Default

Putting the roaches/ants in water would do the trick. The frequency of the microwave cause the polar water molecules to oscillate, the friction is between water molecules is what causes things to heat up.

Side note: anyone remember the nintendo/computer game Maniac Mansion? One of the players would microwave the hamster (she was the only one). It would explode in all it's 8-bit glory.
  #7  
Old November 16th, 2007, 11:43 PM
AnIrishmannot2brite AnIrishmannot2brite is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavin42 View Post
Putting the roaches/ants in water would do the trick. The frequency of the microwave cause the polar water molecules to oscillate, the friction is between water molecules is what causes things to heat up.

Side note: anyone remember the nintendo/computer game Maniac Mansion? One of the players would microwave the hamster (she was the only one). It would explode in all it's 8-bit glory.
http://www.joecartoon.com/cartoons/6...in_a_microwave

Sick but funny.
  #8  
Old November 17th, 2007, 12:53 AM
jack,jackson's Avatar
jack,jackson jack,jackson is offline
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: So,IL
Posts: 1,918
Send a message via MSN to jack,jackson
Default

Has anybody tried the lightbulb trick?(5sec) Or the unpealed boiled egg?(60sec)
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:02 PM.


Forum Software vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2011 Bayview Strategies LLC