Rhode Island gets video blackjack

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
PROVIDENCE -- Attorney General Patrick Lynch has given approval to "virtual blackjack" machines at Twin River.
Lynch's office determined that the machines do not constitute a new type of gambling and do not require legislative or voter approval.
The first of the machines were installed early this week at Twin River, one of the state's two licensed gambling parlors.

Full article here:
(Dead link: http://www.turnto10.com/northeast/jar/news.apx.-content-articles-JAR-2007-12-21-0002.html)

Question about those machines

Are these tables trust worthy? They are already gone from Twin River but they have them at Newport Grand now. There have been people arguing on this site about weither or not the game is trsut worthy or if its just like a video scratch ticket.

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
To my knowledge, these machines must deal regular blackjack. While there are odd versions, like the Pennsylvania version where every player has his own six-deck shoe shuffled every hand, I don't think there are any versions where the results are not based on the outcome of a regular blackjack game.

Ken is correct: These tables have to deal a real game of blackjack.

One note: I'm fairly certain that the game in Pennsylvania does not shuffle every hand. I read a good article describing the game once.

Pennsylvania law requires that the actions of the other players do no effect the outcome of the game, so every player gets their own virtual shoe.

Other than that I think the game is the same as the game in other states. If its a shufflemaster table than the pen is 2/3rd of a 6 deck shoe.

I suppose its possible that the game has changed since this article was published. I will try and find a link to it and post the article in question.

Xur

50% pen. The settings on the table are changeable. We need someone from this site to work there and explain that higher pen = more money they make :joker:

I also hear through the grapevine that these machines are on their way out. They have already gotten rid of 1 out of the 4 they had.