Effect of shuffle trackers

blackchipjim

I was reading the bjincolor and the effects of shuffle tracking on card counters and was surprised. I use tracking to my advantage and routinley cut high cards to the front or low cards to the back which ever is present. I have a hard time correlating bets to advantage when I do though. I always feel that a big bet is in order or multi big bets are in order when I'm in the zone. I have screwed up plenty of shoes by pushing the high cards up front and having alot of high cards showing up at the begining. Anyone care to comment on the proper betting when say a slug of 24 high cards is about to be dealt. blackchipjim

Sonny

It’s much easier to calculate the TC when you cut small cards out of play. All you have to do is start the running count at your estimated count and divide by the unknown cards left (total cards – the cards you cut out of play) to get your TC. For example, if you cut 13 small cards out of play in a 6D game then you will start the shoe with a +13 RC and use 5.75 for your divisor. Just pretend that the dealer burned 13 low cards off the top of the shoe but didn’t put them in the discard tray.

Sizing your bets when you cut a high slug to the front can be tricky:

http://www.bjmath.com/bjmath/playing/statman.htm (Archive copy)

If you know what kind of segments will be mixed together than you can often work out the NRS components at home. Snyder describes a simpler method in his Shuffle Tracker’s Cookbook but it is less efficient.

-Sonny-