Lake Charles

I'm headed to Lake Charles next month, staying at the Isle of Capri, where they gave me a great weeknight rate (compared to the website)... guess all that playing both there and in Biloxi has finally added up to something.

I haven't played in Lake Charles in over a year. What are the conditions like there lately? Is it worth driving to Coushatta to check out tables there? And how does L'Auberge stack up against the Isle in terms of blackjack conditions?

Thanks, y'all!

EasyRhino

I went on a weekend after thansgiving and both capri and l'auberge were packed. made it even hard to find a spot, let along good wonging opportunites or a heads-up game.

S17 games, otherwise unexciting, some shoes, some DD. L'auberge allowed RSA. I didn't notice any super-awesome pen anywhere while I was there.

I wish I had checked out Coushatta.

Thanks for the reply. I'll give a report if I go to Coushatta; I'm not sure how far out of the way it actually is, though, and if I'm winning, I get lazy and stay in one place.

EasyRhino said:
S17 games, otherwise unexciting, some shoes, some DD. L'auberge allowed RSA. I didn't notice any super-awesome pen anywhere while I was there.
Hm. I learned to play in Mississippi (Philadelphia, the Gulf Coast, Tunica) and I don't think I've ever played where you can re-split Aces. Does that change playing strategy in any non-obvious way?