Source on advanced techniques?

Sonny

Your advantage will be bigger but your opportunities will be much smaller. Card counting is weak but you can use it almost anywhere. It is best to learn every technique you can learn so that you can make the most of any opportunity you find. You might be able to survive with only one or two tricks but it will not be easy.

Also, some of the advanced techniques require card counting as well. At the very least they will require proper bet sizing and risk management techniques which are easily learned through card counting.

-Sonny-

moo321

MrMaster said:
I have a follow up question.
Can you gain a big enough advantage to make playing profitable by doing ONLY these advanced techniques?
Honestly, I am pretty skeptical of steering and tracking. They're possible against weak shuffles or procedures, but in practice you're better of just finding a good game to count against.

MrMaster

Well the shuffle I am facing IS pretty weak! My friend was playing at the place and he said its just a riffle and restack! and another dealer did a shuffle that I explained in another thread.
But with the rules I will have to get a 5,76% advantage to get even with the house! so I assume that its not realistic to beat the game?

Edit: I just calculated that if I play every 10 and A perfectly, I will have a 9,6% advantage

(0,6153 * (-0,0576)) + (0,3077 * 0,3) + (0,077 * 0,51) = 0,09613872

Edit: That would require years of practice to pull of in real life...

moo321

MrMaster said:
Well the shuffle I am facing IS pretty weak! My friend was playing at the place and he said its just a riffle and restack! and another dealer did a shuffle that I explained in another thread.
But with the rules I will have to get a 5,76% advantage to get even with the house! so I assume that its not realistic to beat the game?

Edit: I just calculated that if I play every 10 and A perfectly, I will have a 9,6% advantage

(0,6153 * (-0,0576)) + (0,3077 * 0,3) + (0,077 * 0,51) = 0,09613872

Edit: That would require years of practice to pull of in real life...
5.75% house edge? Whatever scheme you have, abandon it immediately. Nothing short of seeing the dealers hole card or mucking cards is gonna beat that game.

charlieflip

Ive just bought a great DvD instructional video. Semyon Dukach learning blackjack, advanced methods. He talks and shows visually, its a great video.

RJT

charlieflip said:
Ive just bought a great DvD instructional video. Semyon Dukach learning blackjack, advanced methods. He talks and shows visually, its a great video.
The DVD's useful for the visual demonstration of the basics of the various techniques, but you need a lot more information and knowledge than is offered in that resource if you hope to apply them successfully.

RJT.