Recent content by BeeJay

  1. B

    2nd trip impressions and details

    On the earlier trip I knew nobody would see me again for a long time but I was worried that if I didn't throw them off after the dealers comment about being a counter that they would get my picture and put me in some kind of a database. Was I wrong?. BTW- I do this for fun since I don't need the...
  2. B

    2nd trip impressions and details

    Ok- update time with a few observances and self critiques. As a bit of background, I have played for years and done ok with bs. My betting strategy was simply to bet low until I got hot and/or had a big stack compared to what I started with, then I would go from $5 or $10 bets to as much as...
  3. B

    First counting experiences and observations

    Well, I have my first 2 counting experiences in the bag and here is my story. I decided to start with KISS III and felt ok about my ability to keep a decent count. I couldn't count down a deck in 25 sec but I really didn't think that was a much a requirement as was being indicated. I usually...
  4. B

    Video BJ in Delaware

    I can't find anything online about Dover Downs in Delaware other than they have some video table games. Does anyone know if that includes BJ?. And, if it does, is it worth it for the AP to play there?
  5. B

    Realistic training program

    Maybe I spoke too soon I should have phrased that a bit differently. I haven't kept track of the exact order and it probably doesn't do that, but I have been able to notice patterns that I don't think are entirely explained by statistics. But then again maybe I am wrong. Now I am starting...
  6. B

    Realistic training program

    Did you guys realize that the practice game from this site actually isn't controlled by a random generator?. After playing hundreds of games I started noticing a pattern. The order of the cards simply repeats itself. It is the same patterns over and over again. Does anyone know of a better...
  7. B

    Observations on books and a few Qs

    Comfort levels I am very comfortable in a casino. I can play BJ in my sleep (in fact I think I did just that on my last trip <vbg>). I played many hours (30?) just a few weeks ago and have been playing very proficient BS for years. I also feel like I count backcount pretty well since I've...
  8. B

    Observations on books and a few Qs

    Do I keep playing when losing? OK- I have another BR question. Say I have a BR of 5k and I plan on $50 as a max bet. That's 100 max bets. Then I decide to take 1k on a weekend trip. I would like to spread $5-$50. Is that considered overbetting ?. Now, say I lose it all that weekend. Is...
  9. B

    Observations on books and a few Qs

    I just finished Professional BJ by Wong, KO by Vancura/Fuchs, and BJ Bluebook II by Renzy. Hopefully I learned something from all 3 but my favorite was definitely BJBII. KO ranks just a tad below it IMO in terms of ease of use. I do like the thought of counting all 2s versus just the black...
  10. B

    Good books? KISS, KO, and HILO

    After starting with HILO and practicing for a while, as ZG suggested, I have begun practicing with KISS 3 instead because I find it a bit easier to stay with generally positive counts and also avoiding having to make RC to TC conversions. Since I don't know which method I will end up using I...
Back
Top