So do you bet when the count is high?

FreeStyle

I can't remember what part of this forum I read this but this thread was saying something about how you are supposed to bet big when the count is dropping....Really? I thought you were supposed to bet big when the count was high? Then if it drops you get it out. However, I read that even if the count is -5 and it continues to drop to -15 then that's good.

Now obviously that's good since it means that 10s and As are coming out but isn't there no way to tell when it's going to drop? The only thing to tell is what has come out so that's why you want to go ahead when the count is high? Right?

Sonny

Absolutely right. If you are straight counting then you will not know exactly where the high cards are so you just bet big when the remainder of the deck/shoe gives you an advantage.

-Sonny-

Sonny, i am confused then, so when people say that you are suppose to increase your bet when the count is high, does that mean when it is on an increase. What happens when it stops increasing or decreasing for like a few hands then decreases.

When it steadies out for awhile, you stop increase or decrease your bet, then you increase your bet again when it is decreasing. What if it nose dive to the negative?? so at what point do you a) increase your bet, b) level out your bets, c) decrease your bets.

Thanks
Elias

eli

elias001 said:
Sonny, i am confused then, so when people say that you are suppose to increase your bet when the count is high, does that mean when it is on an increase. What happens when it stops increasing or decreasing for like a few hands then decreases.

When it steadies out for awhile, you stop increase or decrease your bet, then you increase your bet again when it is decreasing. What if it nose dive to the negative?? so at what point do you a) increase your bet, b) level out your bets, c) decrease your bets.

Thanks

If you are using hi-lo, start increasing at pos 1, max at pos 6.

In negative bet table min or wong out at true -2 to 3.

Remember best to play only a serious game with no more than you, another player and the dealer. Find a fine game.

CP

iCountNTrack

elias001 said:

Thanks
Elias
it is common belief that the player’s advantage at positive true count stems from the fact that the true count is bound to decrease. This statement is totally erroneous. The player’s advantage at positive true counts comes from the fact that at any given moment there is a higher probability that the next card drawn will be a high card thus making your doubles and splits (the money making hands) more successful, increased probability of getting a blackjack or 20, dealer will bust stiff hands more often (does not necessarily mean he will bust more often).

Guys,

I am practicing at home using an unbalanced system. I assume the principle is suppose to be the same. i understand that when the count is high, there is an increase probability that the high cards will come out, etc. but i want to make sure i understand how to follow it through with proper betting.

thanks
elias

When to start and stop the count

In a new shoe, when does the count start? Does it start when the first card is dealt? For instance in a new shoe, first hand, first base player gets a 5, ie, the count is +1, next player gets a K, the count is now zero, so on and so forth, right?

When does the count end? Does it end at the end of a playing shoe, and then start again at the beginning of the next new shoe, right?

So basically the count starts out at zero, or am I totally wrong on this? Sorry, I ask too many questions because I am new to this sort of stuff as well :confused: and still learning.

Finn Dog

bjfanatic said:
In a new shoe, when does the count start? Does it start when the first card is dealt? For instance in a new shoe, first hand, first base player gets a 5, ie, the count is +1, next player gets a K, the count is now zero, so on and so forth, right?

When does the count end? Does it end at the end of a playing shoe, and then start again at the beginning of the next new shoe, right?

So basically the count starts out at zero, or am I totally wrong on this? Sorry, I ask too many questions because I am new to this sort of stuff as well :confused: and still learning.
Bjfanatic: here's what you need to do at with a question this basic: look at the links on the left-hand side of the page, click on Blackjack School and study all 24 lessons. You'll be glad you did.

Best regards,

FD

Nynefingers

I concur with FD's recommendation, and also recommend QFIT's excellent book Modern Blackjack, provided free on his website. Those two resources will tell you everything you need to know to get moving in the right direction.