Multiparameter count and shuffle tracking..

PierceNation

It does seem as though Zen is the optimal choice, but it does have slightly lower BC..surely a difference of .96 to .97 is negligible enough to not lose any sleep over..?

After all this is in conjunction with ST, following slugs as well as cutoffs. Although I appreciate what you are saying about PE been more important in pitch games (which don't exist in the UK)..wouldnt the much higher PE counter act the slight loss of BC?

PierceNation

Ok, so I've thought of an example to explain the worry I originally had with a multi level count.

Lets say your tracking 2 half deck slugs, one of which has 3 extra ten cards, the other has 6 extra aces. The RC and therefore the TC is the same with Zen. Surely 6 aces are waaaay more valuable, and this would have shown in Hilo, where in Zen it does not.

Just a thought

Pierce

AussiePlayer

PierceNation said:
Ok, so I've thought of an example to explain the worry I originally had with a multi level count.

Lets say your tracking 2 half deck slugs, one of which has 3 extra ten cards, the other has 6 extra aces. The RC and therefore the TC is the same with Zen. Surely 6 aces are waaaay more valuable, and this would have shown in Hilo, where in Zen it does not.

Just a thought

Pierce
If you used a high BC count like HiLo or RPC where the Aces have the same tag value as the tens, then 6 the Aces would show up as twice as good as 3 tens.

If you know 6 aces are about to hit the felt you bet big on multiple hands no matter what count you are using. I would want a count with a high PE to make the most of it when you don't get the aces.

Gamblor

PierceNation said:
I think HiLo is coming out on top here, for use with ST anyway. Cheers for the help.

Pierce
Yes, in general I would recommend the simpler count. Continuously ST'ing for extended periods of time is mentally taxing unlike CC'ing (for me at least), and errors are much more pronounced, so simpler is definitely better in this case.