MS Gulf Coast report

tribute

Central Texas is my home. Lake Charles is a 4.5 hr. drive. I usually stop at Isle of Capri and 'L Auberge to play a few rounds, then drive 40 mins. to Coushatta and play $10 and $15 double deck. I have done this trip many times. I heard that Paragon in Marksville has good games. It's about 1.5 hrs past Coushatta. Maybe try that my next trip. Harrahs in Lake Charles was also good until the hurricane wiped it out.

Last edited:

ccl

i also have heard about harrahs, its still advertised on restaraunt billboards (some crab shack is accross the street from it i guess) but i play at the isle since their comps are better to me and occasionaly go to coushatta. Marksville isnt bad, small pit which i didnt like but their rooms were awesome. i went up there at a bad time though, 2 days after LASIK surgery, was very painfull in both dollars spent and eye pain. Im looking at another trip soon to lake charles its been a few months, after my disaster in reno last month i decided to take a break for a few months

chris

tribute

Too bad, ccl. I also got burned in Shreveport one trip and laid off for a few months. In February this year I took a 7-day cruise out of Galveston. To my surprise, the blackjack was very good. My winnings covered some onboard expenses including cruise pictures, wife's shopping, excursions, etc. I also had a friend who made the final table in the poker tournament. Not bad for my first cruise experience.

ccl

how much did that cruise run you, me and my wife were looking at taking one when i get out of the army or around tax time next year. i am just basicaly adjusting my bankroll now and replenishing it. i figured when i get moved over there i would play a little bit more, i think my problem is only playing a few times a month, when its a few times a week i tend to run a bit better

chris

tribute

ccl,
How do you keep Mrs. ccl happy while playing BJ multiple times per week? I could barely get away to Louisiana twice a month. Does she know about your diminishing bankroll? My wife and I have worked out a compromise. I take her on a cruise, I play BJ EVERY night, she gets 50%. (Hmm, is that really a compromise?!) I'll send you a private message with cruise info.

ccl

she is pretty much the reason its gone down, she is learning how to play and actually is learning to deal the game. it was my own bankroll before she turned 21 and now that she is 21 we both play off the same bankroll and when i reno she kept wanting to play really bad games to be playing, but she is ok with me losing it because it was leftover from a bonus i got in the army. she doesnt mind me playing quite a bit because the rooms the isle of capri sends she can watch the baby in the hotel room and use the jacuzzi tub that they usually give me and i go play. Part of the reason i havnt been playing is having a 3 month old son also, makes it hard to convince her to take him by herself

chris

Could you send me a message with cruise info? Thanks.
tribute said:
ccl,
How do you keep Mrs. ccl happy while playing BJ multiple times per week? I could barely get away to Louisiana twice a month. Does she know about your diminishing bankroll? My wife and I have worked out a compromise. I take her on a cruise, I play BJ EVERY night, she gets 50%. (Hmm, is that really a compromise?!) I'll send you a private message with cruise info.