Second chance blackjack

From patent search -

Title: Second Chance Blackjack
United States Patent Application 20150335988

Abstract:

Second Chance Blackjack is a side bet that is played with a regular blackjack game. It gives the player a second chance to win after his 12-16 hand loses against a dealer 2-6 up card. The player wagers the optional side bet before the hand starts. If he loses his main bet with a 12-16 total against a dealer 2-6 up card, the second chance player then uses a community card. If this 2nd chance hand beats the dealer hand, the side bet pays 20:1. If the 2nd chance hand loses to the dealer, the side bet loses; if it pushes with the dealer, the side bet pushes. Otherwise, the side bet pushes for any normal main hand win or push, and loses for any normal loss.

MORE: https://www.google.com/patents/US20150335988

Morphy

You are allowed to place a side bet if you bust
And then you take a card and subtract that card from your hand total
So if you hit and get a 26 bust then you can place a side bet equal to your original and draw

Fenix I did not see what it pays I will try and check next time at that store

Fenix

It sounds interesting. I'm having trouble understanding where it gets its HE from grifter's description. I can't think of a way to count it =/.

Meistro

It is 12:1 against the player making 21, no matter what his stiff holding, so probably you have to place the side bet prior to the start of the hand or the payout is not 20:1

Meistro

there is a 21.3% chance of the player making 21, 20 or 19 with a stiff holding (.9231 to the 3rd power) or 1 in 4.69 or 3.69:1 against

Meistro

Otherwise, the side bet pushes for any normal main hand win or push, and loses for any normal.

Oh I see. So you must place the bet before the hand begins. So if you win the hand you push, if you lose you lose, and then if you get a stiff vs dealer low card and the dealer makes a hand then you have the chance to win the 20:1. So dealer low card is going to occur 5/13th of the time (1.6:1 against or 38% of the time) and player stiff is going to happen 21.1% of the time. So only 8% of the time will you have a chance to win the side bet and even then you will probably only have 2/13 or 3/13 chance to win.

Meistro

Player stiff seems sensitive to middle cards such as 7 and 8 and 9 and also 5 and 6. 3's and 2's seem like good cards to be removed for this side bet, since they will neither make a stiff nor complete the draw. Dealer low card favours low cards. Middle and low cards are likely to complete the the draw. Tens and aces will neither make the stiff nor complete the draw.

Morphy

Let me clear this up, This table is always $5 min at my local store so I started to pay attention to it more closely. Here are the rules for this particular table

The blackjack rules 6 deck, S17, RSA, DAS,SP 3 times, Double any first 2 cards Pen is just less then 1 deck
Dealers 22 is a push
Blackjack pays 2:1
the side bet pays even money

You do not have to place a side bet first, if the player busts he can place a side bet equal to his/her original bet and take a card. The drawn card is subtracted from the bust hand. Example player busts with a 24 puts up his side bet and buys a card and gets a 5 now his total is 19

Is it worth playing or does the 22 push rule kill it?