"Perfect Blackjack"?

I've been studying counting for probably a month and some odd days now and I've just now begin to look at Risk of Ruin with certain bankrolls/betting/etc. In the majority of posts, it mentions that the percentages only apply if the player plays "Perfect Blackjack". What constitutes perfect blackjack. For example, If I know the 22 most common deviations, 4 most common surrenders, never lose the count, always bet correctly, etc... Is this perfect blackjack?

ORRRR

Do I need to learn all 180+ deviations, maybe even get a more complex counting system, or whatever to be "perfect" as most people refer to it?

Thank you

sagefr0g

interesting question.
Grosjean writes about this sort of question in one of his blogs. like do you want to be an A student, B student, C student, D student, Fminus student?
just me maybe, errors are gonna happen, intentionally allowing for errors is another thing, but perfect, well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. it comes down to how perfect can one be or want to be. it's a decision.
one can sim examples of play with intentional levels of imperfection and compare the results.

Meistro

No I think what people mean when they say that is that you make no counting, betting and playing errors. You can simulate either playing the illustrious 18 or the use of full indexes but most of the gain is encompassed in the illustrious 18. There is not a tremendous difference in win rate between using the top 22 or so index plays and using all of them.

DSchles

Oh, and for the record, the other two were named George and Casey. :) (Casey was actually sold by someone else who ripped off the design from Keith.)

Don