front loading dealers

Meistro

A front loading dealer exposes the next card to be dealt. This will only occur in a pitch game. There are a few obvious ways that this weakness can be exploited. If you are going to receive a ten or an ace, you should bet large. You can wager probably 5% to 10% of your bankroll on a ten and up to 40% of your bankroll on an ace. Of course if you do wager 40% of your bankroll and receive an ace, you should probably refrain from taking any soft doubles! See James Grosjean's article 42.08% http://www.blackjackforumonline.com/content/ACEbjfo1.pdf for a complete discussion on the subject. Also if the next card is a ten, aside from making a big wager you can also bet on the lucky ladies or kings bounty side bet as you have a nice edge there.

Having knowledge of the next card to be dealt can also help with your hit / stand decisions. In many locations the dealer does not take a hole card until the player's hand is resolved, so you can choose to give this card to the dealer if it will make him a stiff. Or if you have 16 and the next card is a 5, you could double down, although such an unusual play might attract some attention and / or get you kicked out.

If your first card is not going to be a ten or an ace, make sure to make a minimum wager, even if you are in a high count.

LC Larry

I don't think that's the definition of a front loader.

And if you know for certain that your first card is going to be anything other than an ace or ten, do NOT play the hand!

Meistro

"I don't think that's the definition of a front loader."

Oh, what do you think the definition of a front loader is? And if this is the incorrect term, what is the right term for a dealer who exposes the next card?

DSchles

Meistro said:
"I don't think that's the definition of a front loader."

Oh, what do you think the definition of a front loader is? And if this is the incorrect term, what is the right term for a dealer who exposes the next card?
This is NOT a front loader. As the name implies, a front loader is a dealer who exposes his HOLE CARD as he is "loading" it underneath his upcard. So, front loading has nothing to do with knowledge of the next card out of the shoe. A dealer who does that FLASHES that card for the players to see and thereby gives them "next card" information.

Don

Meistro

Well let's not get bogged down here by semantics, the point is that if you can find a dealer that flashes the first card this is an excellent situation. I've only encountered one such dealer, but there is not a lot of pitch in my neck of the woods anyway.

Hey guys, i'm just here to point out an insignificant detail to be politically correct then just run off without contributing anything to the conversation.
John John

stopgambling

Meistro said:
You can wager probably 5% to 10% of your bankroll on a ten and up to 40% of your bankroll on an ace. Of course if you do wager 40% of your bankroll and receive an ace, you should probably refrain from taking any soft doubles! See James Grosjean's article 42.08
there is a danger of doing that . you really could mistake a card for what ever reason. " any card could be misread as another card ..."