Skill test ( a few shoes of BJ)

Meistro

0:56
RC +7 and 34 cards dealt so basically TC +1 you probably shouldn't be raising your bet here. IIRC was H17 LS game.

1:02
RC +8 still not high enough to raise your bet

1:19
RC +11 5 decks remaining so true 2 here you increase to $30 you haven't specified your bet spread so it is tough to say if you are betting accurately but this would probably be a better place to have your first level, ($15)

Meistro said:
RC +7 and 34 cards dealt so basically TC +1 you probably shouldn't be raising your bet here. IIRC was H17 LS game.

1:02
RC +8 still not high enough to raise your bet

1:19
RC +11 5 decks remaining so true 2 here you increase to $30 you haven't specified your bet spread so it is tough to say if you are betting accurately but this would probably be a better place to have your first level, ($15)
TC 1: 15 TC 2: 30 TC 3: 45 TC 4: 60
Player has a slight edge at TC 1 and I like to go to 3 units at TC 1. I might play more conservatively and wait till tc 2. I have been getting destroyed against this strategy trainer. Down 1,300 after about 10 thousand hands
upload_2018-2-16_13-23-46-png.9040

Badbeat said:
Have you confirmed that this strategy trainer doesn’t shuffle after every hand?
It's not supposed to. I don't think it does. I'm going to play another 10 thousand hands and I will probably be even or in the black by that point. Just a hell of a bad run of cards, I think. If I continue to lose, let's say after 100 thousand hands, then we know something's wrong with the trainer.

ZenKinG

Meistro said:
Wrong. You have an edge at +1 with almost every rule-set even H17 DAS with no surrender, unless you're playing a ridiculous bad rule-set with restricted doubling on certain totals, limited splitting, no surrender, etc. I'm also talking about shoe games. For a shoe game with just H17 and DAS and no surrender, depending on count used, number of decks, and penetration, your edge will be around +0.15% to +0.20% at +1. With surrender it is going to vary from +0.30% to +0.35% depending again on count used, number of decks, and penetration of the game.

If you want to talk double deck; with surrender you're going to have an even bigger edge at +0.50% at +1, give or take a few percentage points for count system used and deck penetration and without surrender over a 0.40% edge at +1, once again give or take a few percentage points difference depending on count system used and penetration.

In the OP's game, it looks like the game I play in Vegas which is a shoe game consisting of H17 DAS LS, double on anything, as well as splitting to 4 hands, which is a very much beatable game with the edge starting at +1 and if you want to be technical maybe even at TC +0.5.

The problem most counters don't understand is that each count's edge doesn't increase by the standard estimate of +0.50%. The first true count actually increases your edge by around +0.75% give or take a few percentage points from whatever the house edge is.

Last edited:

ZenKinG

JohnCrover said:
Things are starting to look up for the manual simulation, thankfully. I was getting worried for a while. 15350 played and + 241 profit.
View attachment 9043
Funny thing is looking at your graph, my results are very similar. I'm about 14,000 hands in and also in the negative with a big downfall and down over 5k. My last 2 hours I won 1600, so let's hope I also now see that steep climb up like your graph shows.

Meistro

"The problem most counters don't understand is that each count's edge doesn't increase by the standard estimate of +0.50%. The first true count actually increases your edge by around +0.75% give or take a few percentage points from whatever the house edge is."

Actually, what you don't understand is that the results for TC +1 are actually the full TC 1 to TC 1.99 bin. So if the average result here is an increase of +0.75% over the initial house edge, this is actually substantiating the argument that you gain +.5% per true count.

However, CVCX does show a 0.29% edge at TC 1 for six decks, H17, das, LS.

ZenKinG

Meistro said:
"The problem most counters don't understand is that each count's edge doesn't increase by the standard estimate of +0.50%. The first true count actually increases your edge by around +0.75% give or take a few percentage points from whatever the house edge is."

Actually, what you don't understand is that the results for TC +1 are actually the full TC 1 to TC 1.99 bin. So if the average result here is an increase of +0.75% over the initial house edge, this is actually substantiating the argument that you gain +.5% per true count.

However, CVCX does show a 0.29% edge at TC 1 for six decks, H17, das, LS.
Did you just try to argue with me and then prove my point at the end of it? Wonderful

But in case it didn't, let me clarify what I was saying. When I said 'the first true count' increases by around .75%, I was talking about going from 0 to 1 and not referencing all counts inside the TC +1 to TC +1.99 bin. If the house edge is -0.35% for example, you then add +0.75% to it for a net result edge to the player of 0.40%. That's what I was getting at.

Then from +1 to +2 it's around +0.55% which ends up being the closest to the +0.50% standard estimate because after that it's around +0.60% to +0.70% for each true count jump in added advantage. So in reality, the standard 0.5% is off on everything. The standard being spread around in books or whatever should be +0.65% not +0.50%

Last edited:

Meistro

"But in case it didn't, let me clarify what I was saying. When I said 'the first true count' increases by around .75%, I was talking about going from 0 to 1 and not referencing all counts inside the TC +1 to TC +1.99 bin. If the house edge is -0.35% for example, you then add +0.75% to it for a net result edge to the player of 0.40%. That's what I was getting at."

That is completely wrong, please refer to my previous post for an explanation.

Meistro

"I recently got CVCX and I can’t understand why the house edge at TC zero is way less than what it’s supposed to be"

This is because it averages the TC 0 to TC 0.99 bin.

ZenKinG

Meistro said:
"But in case it didn't, let me clarify what I was saying. When I said 'the first true count' increases by around .75%, I was talking about going from 0 to 1 and not referencing all counts inside the TC +1 to TC +1.99 bin. If the house edge is -0.35% for example, you then add +0.75% to it for a net result edge to the player of 0.40%. That's what I was getting at."

That is completely wrong, please refer to my previous post for an explanation.
You're telling me you think I dont have around a +.35% to +.40% edge at +1 to +1.99 depending on ruleset of course and count system used as well as pen?

Too funny. Sims dont lie