A question for Xg and others. Inverse spread.

Taff

Another thread reminded me I wanted to ask this. A few weeks ago mid afternoon I was time constrained with 3 stores within close range. All 6 deck ENHC S.17 usual rules and good pen. I wanted to blast all 3 quickly. I had recently done a bit of research on grifters gambit so, as I wanted to get through the shoes quickly I played like this. Table mins were 5-500. I played 5 spots at 5 inverse spreading to 2 spots of 200....heads up. So a 1-8 spread. Results were fairly typical...2 wins and 1 loss with a nice overall profit but what was was noticeable was the reduced time it took to get there. As most of the stuff I've read on the Gambit talks about spreading from 3 spots to 1 am I 'overcooking' it so to speak.??

Meistro

There is really no difference between your approach and playing two hands at all times or even five hands at all times. I do not think you will notice a measurable difference in terms of shoes per hour with your approach as opposed to playing two hands at all times. Also I do not see how you can consider this a 1-8 spread. In terms of total action it is a $25 to $400 or 1 to 16 spread. But that latter issue is a semantic point and not really interesting.

Personally I would just play two hands at all times, probably switching to 1 in more extreme negative counts, and potentially spreading to multiple (more than two) hands in high counts if I was playing at a store with a low table max and I wanted to bet more.

Taff

Meistro said:
Also I do not see how you can consider this a 1-8 spread. In terms of total action it is a $25 to $400 or 1 to 16 spread.
Typo on my behalf. 2 spots of 100....200 total wager. So 1-8

Taff said:
Typo on my behalf. 2 spots of 100....200 total wager. So 1-8
Then like this - (looks like 1-2 spread)

--minus--
4x25

--plus--
1x75
1x100
1x200

--plus-plus/last round only (and any winning result the same OTT until lost)--
4x100

Last edited:

Taff

Thanks. That looks easier to stomach. Not so concerned with heat at those particular places but really like to cut through the shoe faster rather than grinding away with two hands for ages. I know you looked at it from the 'heat' point of view but I found it got me in and out quickly.