Adjusting to games with different rules on the fly?

Toxic

I've been playing mostly SD and DD and have found huge variations in game quality due to sometimes strict doubling rules such as d10,11, noDAS, noRSA, early or late surrender etc.

What is an efficient way to find out what all of the rules are, as early as possible? It seems to me that only card counters sit down right away and ask: is this DOA, can I DAS?

I typically ask if it is regular blackjack, but beyond that I've played internationally and not realized that I could use EARLY SURRENDER until playing for a few hours.

I've done a pretty good job at learning what changes in the BS chart when there is or isn't DAS, it's h17 vs s17, but I'm sure I could do better.

Also, I've got the ability to play while traveling, whether domestically or otherwise. If you know of a good game or want to consider some team play please let me know!

Meistro

sit down and play at min bet for an hour or two. bj21 green chip forum is also a decent resource for finding out what sort of games and rules are offered at international locations.