Affirmations

jimmtech

Recently affirmations were posted for card counters-

I have found that affirmations in the absence of AP application are actually detrimental.

Riding with your top down in the rain and chanting "I am dry" usually doesn't work. The answer is to put your top up!

Here are my AP affirmations:

I only play when I have the advantage.

My game is at its best -

I always know the running count.

I always know the true count.

I can estimate decks in the shoe with a mere instant glance.

One quick glance at the last second is all I need to count the table.

No one suspects I am counting.

No one suspects I am an AP player.

When PCs see me they see a happy go lucky tourist with money to burn.

My play is always welcomed.

PCs are eager to give me comps.

People always think I am just lucky.

Whenever I enter a table, conditions improve for everyone. The dealer busts more - the table wins more, the dealer gets more tips - happiness all around!

I find it easier and easier to find tables with high counts that are entry friendly.

My play is welcomed.

People often eagerly ask me jump in to help them out, and I happily agree as the count warrants.

I never chase my losses - I always stick to my gameplan.

I never overbet - I keep my betting in strict proportion to my bankroll.

I am not here to gamble - I am not here to win. I am here to put my money on the table in advantageous situations.

I never stay more than 30 minutes - no one will ever get a chance to study my play.

I am always on the alert for dealer tells, warped cards and dealer flashes. I know exactly what to do.

I am on the alert for incomplete shuffles and delight in repeating sequences.

I know BS perfectly and can recall it without thinking.

I know all my index plays and can recall them instantly and effortlessly.

Going to Vegas for the first time - I would ask you to wish me luck - but I really don't want luck (I found you can't always bet on it). I would hope that you would wish for me the skillfull and accurate application of learned knowledge.:cat:

Last edited:

aslan

jimmtech said:
Going to Vegas for the first time - I would ask you to wish me luck - but I really don't want luck (I found you can't always bet on it). I would hope that you would wish for me the skillfull and accurate application of learned knowledge.:cat:
It is better to be lucky than skillful.

You may be the best counter in the world, but if you are unlucky, you can lose your shirt. If this happens, will you really be happy just knowing you did the right thing? lol True, you can't bet on luck, but if you have bad luck, you can't count on counting either.

....just trying to add a little perspective. ;)