Bad choice?

I normally do not play on Saturday nights but had the opportunity last night. I found a 6 deck, min $25 game where the dealer was cutting off less than a deck. The $25 min. DD game table where I play was already with 3 spots taken and 65% being dealt.

I started playing the 6 deck game, the first shoe ran into a TC-2 after about 2.5 decks and I quit (took a break, stood out). The second deck was pretty much neutral and I stayed even through it. In the meantime, the DD game had only 2 spots being played and so I moved there. Played for 30 minutes, was up $80 only and I left.

They say the DD game is always better (absence too much heat) but I wonder if I would have been better off playing the 6 deck. I have to learn to play the six deck. Its just that the spread required is greater and there is always the possibility of losing max bet after max bet.

Meistro

But is it really necessary to spread more than 6:1 on a shoe game, if you are wonging out in negative counts? If the shoe game was heads up I would choose that over a crowded double deck table any day of the week.

In a 6D game you get less opportunities to raise your bet. It's not uncommon to go through an entire Shoe without getting above a TC of 1. This can make wonging frustrating because you end up standing behind the table for 10 or more minutes while you get no chance for action. The good part of 6D games is that you can get very high true counts with the penetration you're getting. I have a similar 6D game I play and towards the end of the shoe you can get true counts of 10 and above which you don't see as much in DD games.
As to which game is better, I don't know. It's probably close. DD game better with 70 to 80 cards dealt but with 63 it's close.

ZeeBabar said:
I wonder if I would have been better off playing the 6 deck. I have to learn to play the six deck. Its just that the spread required is greater and there is always the possibility of losing max bet after max bet.
Your apparent confusion around spread vs max bet is not uncommon ...
... although the 6D (play-all) requires a greater spread than 2D, the max bets should be roughly the same for both games.
... 6D wonging requires a smaller spread than 2D play-all, but still the max bets would be roughly the same.
... spread is correctly calc'd from the top down.

examples -

2D play-all
max: 200 min: 25 (8-1)

6D play-all
max: 200 min: 10 (20-1)

6D wong
max: 200 min: 50 (4-1)