Changing systems

Dopple

20 hr per month player, hopes to build up bank, a few decades with three level count thinking of going to hi low to ease thought process. Interested in feedback.

KewlJ

While I am a big proponent of simplicity, and frequently recommend hi-lo to players starting out because that is all you need to win vs today's game, anyone that knows and plays a higher level count and plays it well, accurately and efficiently, should stick with it. There is no reason to change.

Now that said the one question I have from your comments is with the phrase "to ease thought process"? Does this indicate that playing your level 3 count doesn't come all that easy for you? Almost naturally? If that is the case then, it might make sense to consider switching. But only you can decide that.

I found your post quite interesting and it raised some questions (out of curiosity) for me, if you don't mind? If you are just now hoping to build a bank, how have you been playing for a few decades? Just a series of trip bankrolls? (I suppose many recreational players do this rather than devote specific funds to BJ.)

I also am curious as to your results over these few decades? Have you been successful playing part-time with your level 3 count? If so, I go back to why would you consider changing? :rolleyes: I hope you are not one of these guys that didn't keep track of results. I read that scenario on one of the forums in the last few days and was just astonished. Players says he has been playing for a while (not decades) and is playing a winning game, but doesn't keep track of wins and losses. :oops: How does he know he is winning if he doesn't keep track of wins and losses? :confused:

anyway, good luck to you.

Dopple

Thanks K. Uapc works good for me but I forget to keep the ace side count. It is easy. I need to focus more on staying at Kelly or less. I kept records for a while but did not have the discipline to make it all work. I would not have played so much were I losing I don't think. We will find out, this is kind of my last hurrah but I am going to approach it in a meticulous fashion as far a restraint. I think you really need a feel for the perfect ramp with a low br and be sure to Wong out. I used to play all. Backcounting is too hot for me and makes players leave I can't hack it all the time.
I am starting fresh again with the hopes my road to my ev is north as opposed to south if you know what I mean. Deck estimation is another thing at the top of my agenda. I did get BJA3 which is amazing.