Does the running count have any value besides calculating true count?

Greetings,

Great website and forum. After recreational playing for a few years, I decided to put my OCD to good use and become a student of AP, specifically the HI LOW method.

When using a basic HL counting method.....does running count ever have a use beyond finding TC?

It just seems like it would hold some value in making a deviation within the hand being played, especially with multiple players and cards out.

Thanks for any feedback.

Last edited:

DSchles

RevinKevin327 said:
Greetings from the Buckeye State,

Great website and forum. After recreational playing for a few years, I decided to put my OCD and engineering background to good use and become a student of AP, specifically the HI LOW method.

When using a basic HL counting method.....does running count ever have a use beyond finding TC?

It just seems like it would hold some value in making a deviation within the hand being played, especially with multiple players and cards out.

Thanks for any feedback.
You seem to be confusing two concepts. You use the RC to determine the TC. Once you know the TC, you use it to size your bets AND to make a deviation from BS. And you do the latter based on the up-to-the-moment information that you have available to you at the instant that you have to make a decision on a hand.

Clear?

Don

DSchles said:
You seem to be confusing two concepts. You use the RC to determine the TC. Once you know the TC, you use it to size your bets AND to make a deviation from BS. And you do the latter based on the up-to-the-moment information that you have available to you at the instant that you have to make a decision on a hand.

Clear?

Don
It is clear. Thanks again.