Great software for memorizing basic strategies, indexes, etc

positiveEV

http://mnemosyne-proj.sourceforge.net/

I use it to study but it can be used for anything where you are required to memorize things, such as blackjack when you have to memorize different basic strategies or hundreads of index plays.

It is great because it only asks what you forget or are about to forget. If there is an obvious move, just tell the software the question is too easy and it will only ask from the remaining questions.

Here is how to use the software: click the + button, in the place where you have to write a question either write a hand total (example, 15 or A+2 or 8,8), you can also write a certain index or put images of cards, etc. In answer, just put the answer. When you are done adding questions, click exit. You will then see a question. Think about the answer, then click show answer. If you didn't knew the answer, click 0. If you said a completely wrong answer, click 1. If your answer was almost right, click 2. If your answer was right but the question was hard, click 3. If the question was ok click 4. If you knew the answer exactly when you saw the question without even thinking, click 5.

With this, you can memorize hundreads of indices in a matter of hours. You can also memorize the basic strategy very fast and the good thing about this software is that it only asks what you forget, not what you know! The list of questions it asks will get shorter and shorter until you know everything.

You can also use it to memorize special strategies such as hole carding, back betting splitting, blackjack variations, etc. It can also be usefull for other games :)

Thought it would be usefull. Any comment welcome. The software is not made exclusively for blackjack but I think it is very usefull in this field.

Note: The software is 100% free, the software is open source and is created by volounteers. This is not an advertising or a spam. If an administrator don't like this thread he can delete it. I am sorry if this break any rules.

Last edited: