Highest count you've ever seen?

What's the highest running count and true count you've ever seen?

How did the hands play out?

Personally, +28 with about 1.5 decks left in 6 Deck game.

Played 3 more hands before cut card and lost all 3 :flame:

Guy next to me got 2 black jacks. Taught me a valuable lesson about variance...

moo321

I saw one count go over +25 in a shoe game. I got a lot of money on the table and the dealer ripped a 21 with a 4 up. Ten in the hole, and the damn uncounted seven...

aslan

mikeS said:

I had one around 30 also, but they aren't the greatest for two reasons: (1) the journey up is due to more low cards than high cards coming out so you probably didn't do too well with max bet out, and (2) the run up to 28 or 30 is so long that few if any rounds remain as the count goes down (which is when more high cards and aces are coming out. :sad:

Last edited:

MountainMan

30 something

30+ with less 3/4 deck remaining in a two deck game. My wife & I were playing one hand each. Don't remember the hands we received, but seem to recall we both won our hands. The dealer dealt one more hand, which I think we won also. The count remained the same. MM

monte_vv

I got to 25 after 3 decks of a 6 decker today. Lost while the count was increasing, lost a couple of big bets while the count was maxed, and then won it all back and then some, as the count went back to 10.... then the cut card appeared.

rrwoods

Highest running I ever saw was something like 40. There were 4 of 8 left, so I had max bets out the whole time.

A friend of mine saw true 20, heads up, at a table with lucky ladies.

Bacchante

+14 TC (DD game with just over 1 deck dealt). Dealer shows 5, I split 8s, get a 6 on the first, 7 on the second, player to my left doubles down on 8 (6,2), gets a 5, dealer turns over a face card.... and variance reels it's ugly head as he draws a 3 for 18. KaBoom. Like they say in Rounders, "..every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of their career."

duanedibley

Had a (level-2) True Count of +28 with 5 decks gone in an 8-decker recently. It kept going up and by the time the cut card came out it hit +48. I lost almost every hand of course. Then to top it all off the lady who got the cut card obviously cut the best slug out of play for the next round. gg.

Last edited:

BJgenius007

mikeS said:

Theoretically, if there are all tens left in 1.5 decks, you could see true count as high as +52 in the end of the show. Personally I have seen true count reach high 30's.

One note related to the topic, once I have seen all 32 aces dealt out in the 8 deck game. Then I knew in the next 3 or 4 hands, no one will get Blackjack because there is no ace left! It is the only time I am so confident to double on 11 because I know I will not get an ace! (On some occasions there were so few aces left and I still got it when I doubled on 11, I felt so unlucky and cursed the dealer in my head.) I love ace side count so much because it costs me nothing. I just use the chips on table to track ace count.

aslan

I had a count around 38 (KO) once, but I distrusted my count. I figured I must have slipped by ten or something as I kept seeing 4s, 5s, and 6s coming out like flies. Also, a KO 38 is a TC of 21 (with 2 decks remaining), if my calculation is correct, so it's not as high as it seems. I lost my shirt going up in the count, but got most of it back on the downside. One good thing--even if I did lose the count by ten, which was mostly my paranoia of the moment I think (second guessing myself), the count would still have been high enough (+16) to warrant max bet.

BJgenius007

aslan said:
I had a count around 38 (KO) once, but I distrusted my count. I figured I must have slipped by ten or something as I kept seeing 4s, 5s, and 6s coming out like flies. Also, a KO 38 is a TC of 21 (with 2 decks remaining), if my calculation is correct, so it's not as high as it seems. I lost my shirt going up in the count, but got most of it back on the downside. One good thing--even if I did lose the count by ten, which was mostly my paranoia of the moment I think (second guessing myself), the count would still have been high enough (+16) to warrant max bet.
In my early days I have lost counts occasionally, but not once for the last five years. I have the count my priority number one. I will be rude to everyone who tried to talk to me, because I may have to ignore them to maintain my count. I will never lose my count. And the size of my bets always correlates to the true count. This is how I take the emotion out of the equation.

aslan

BJgenius007 said:
In my early days I have lost counts occasionally, but not once for the last five years. I have the count my priority number one. I will be rude to everyone who tried to talk to me, because I may have to ignore them to maintain my count. I will never lose my count. And the size of my bets always correlates to the true count. This is how I take the emotion out of the equation.
Well, I didn't say I did lose the count, but my faith in myself wavered as the count headed for outer space. It's my inherent paranoia.