Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • What?

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stylee

If blackjack made use of suits as poker does (and not just in side bets), I would say yes. As it stands, I see blackjack as a game of numbers that happen to be written on 52 equal sized pieces of paper/plastic.

Sonny

Stylee said:
I see blackjack as a game of numbers that happen to be written on 52 equal sized pieces of paper/plastic.
That's true, but it all depends on how you play the game. There are many ways to beat blackjack. Some involve beating the odds, some involve beating the dealer, others involve beating the cards. If those 52 pieces of paper/plastic aren't equally sized, or equally shaped, or equally colored, or equally hidden, or equally cut, or equally random then the game changes quite a bit. Suddenly you are playing a game of cards. It almost doesn’t matter what the rules are anymore if you can beat the cards. That’s when the real fun begins. ;)

-Sonny-

Blue Efficacy

Stylee said:
If blackjack made use of suits as poker does (and not just in side bets), I would say yes. As it stands, I see blackjack as a game of numbers that happen to be written on 52 equal sized pieces of paper/plastic.
Plenty of card games don't use suits. WAR, for instance, the first card game I ever played...

Kasi

Stylee said:
I see blackjack as a game of numbers that happen to be written on 52 equal sized pieces of paper/plastic.
I like that definition too lol.

Cards are just a convention and not even necessary. Random variables subject to the laws of probability. Whether the cards are marked or not lol.

to me its all a phsycic mind game ive made a living doing this for many years. I can actually see the cards as if they were on a screen in front of me and can see the order of the deck. So no its not a game of cards in any way its just a boring drawn out game of free money

If you are not like me then its a game of cards