List of Full Indexes for Hi Lo Counting Strategy

I was wondering if there is some way I could find, or someone could show me where a full list of indexes are for Hi Lo with 6 decks, H17, DAS, no surrender, and peek. If possible having them listed in importance would be helpful as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post. The first link does not specify all the rules I need but at least it is h17. The second link does not allow me to adjust the game rules. The second one would be perfect if I could do this.

BMDD

I wonder where Blackjack Apprenticeship got their numbers. Says Surrender 17 vs. A in a H17 game. A few of the other numbers are a bit different from what I've seen widely published as well.

Brock Windsor

BMDD said:
I wonder where Blackjack Apprenticeship got their numbers. Says Surrender 17 vs. A in a H17 game. A few of the other numbers are a bit different from what I've seen widely published as well.
Surrender 17 v A in an H17 game is basic strategy. Perhaps you're thinking of S17 charts.
-BW

BMDD

Brock Windsor said:
Surrender 17 v A in an H17 game is basic strategy. Perhaps you're thinking of S17 charts.
-BW
I see now that the strategy engine here says Sr. 17 vs. A, however the chart in Professional Blackjack ('94 ed., pg. 93), as well as my CVBJ charts say not to surrender despite dealer action on 17. Any clarity?

21forme

BMDD said:
I see now that the strategy engine here says Sr. 17 vs. A, however the chart in Professional Blackjack ('94 ed., pg. 93), as well as my CVBJ charts say not to surrender despite dealer action on 17. Any clarity?
I have the same edition of the book. You are misreading the chart. Follow Hard 17 across to the only entry on that line, which is A-h17. The index listed is 2*. The * is explained below and it says surrender if the count is less than the index number, in this case 2.

countmein said:
So what do you think is the best deviations to learn forst?

Illustrious 18
Catch 20
Something else?

One thing for sure. The indexes that are on another site that I visit (http://www.blackjackapprenticeship.com/resources/blackjack-strategy-charts/) do not match what is in CVBJ - which is confusing me...

What do I use - oh card counting gurus?
That all depends on the rules of the Blackjack game you are playing. Here is a link to what I was looking for, but with the edition of late surrender.

http://www.proficientblackjack.com/articles/counthilo.htm

Which does not matter, because you can just ignore the surrender indexes. Index generating software is the best to find what you want. I would start with the illustrious 18, but modify it to what your index generating software tells you are the correct indexes.

(Note: The only problem with the chart I found is that it was rounded for me, I would have liked to know what the complete values the index generator computed.)

Last edited:

Deathclutch

countmein said:
So what do you think is the best deviations to learn forst?

Illustrious 18
Catch 20
Something else?

One thing for sure. The indexes that are on another site that I visit (http://www.blackjackapprenticeship.com/resources/blackjack-strategy-charts/) do not match what is in CVBJ - which is confusing me...

What do I use - oh card counting gurus?
I believe CVBJ just uses the published index plays for the various counts. Doesn't mean they are correct. For example Hi Opt II has insurance listed at 6 even though it is really 5. Your best bet is to use the software and create your own.

BMDD

21forme said:
I have the same edition of the book. You are misreading the chart. Follow Hard 17 across to the only entry on that line, which is A-h17. The index listed is 2*. The * is explained below and it says surrender if the count is less than the index number, in this case 2.
Here is the chart I am looking at..

Last edited:

21forme

BMDD - that's not the same chart as in my book. Two differences - the Missing 2* on line 1, and 8-8 v 10 is 1 in my book. Also, the font is slightly different.

countmein

Deathclutch said:
I believe CVBJ just uses the published index plays for the various counts. Doesn't mean they are correct. For example Hi Opt II has insurance listed at 6 even though it is really 5. Your best bet is to use the software and create your own.
What's the "published index"? Is that considered Wong's indexes?

ycming

countmein said:
I'm starting to feel that way too...
All you have to do is read some of the post on their forum from the preimum member. They all seems like a bucnh of donkey ....

And their boot camp cost over 1000+ ??

Seriously....

Ming