New rule in effect for Hilton DD

Ferretnparrot

I came out of my hiding hole I played it, I won some money. While I was there I was told by the dealer that as of 4 days ago as a result of "some guy coming in and winning too much money" you are now only allowed to double down on 10 and 11.

So effective now, the hilton double deck is dealt as.....

2 deck
H17
Split to one hand only
DAS
Double 10/11 only
Cut card: 50% pen.
3:2

Im coming back into the BJ arena in the advent of my success selling HID headlights for cars, by the end of this summer ill be there everyday again like the good ol days, and maybe I will start seeing you guys again.

I think this was important to share since some of you may be planning a long trip to assault the dd game. Aside from that I was somewhat surprised to notice that absolutely nothing else changed in ac since the last time i went several months ago. Resorts, borgata, trop and hilton are the good locations still, and taj still does that show in the ego bar with all the dancing girls behind the bj tables.

Resorts brought in a lucky ladies table, I dont recall noticing it before.

Last edited:

WABJ11

LOL that is to funny...

The pen sucks on this game anyway so it wasn't good to begin with. One thing to keep in mind is that they do let you spread to 2 hands even after you've been playing one so if the count is +EV and you see the cut card coming, spread to two hands.

Not worth it. If you are only getting 50% pen it's not worth playing anyway, and a lousy rule like D10 means you are better off backcounting any shoe game in town before you sit down at those tables,

Kind of self-defeating for the Hilton though, wasn't the point of the game to draw in the high rollers who would otherwise play at the Bellagio and Wynn? They're not going to play a game like that.

rukus

Automatic Monkey said:
Kind of self-defeating for the Hilton though, wasn't the point of the game to draw in the high rollers who would otherwise play at the Bellagio and Wynn? They're not going to play a game like that.
people will still play it because it's a novelty compared to the usual shoes. just look at 6:5, ploppies still play it even after explaining how much more they will lose at that vs a shoe even playing perfect BS.

the big loss was likely either a lucky ploppy or someone working another angle besides straight counting. either way, removing DAS wont help them get their money back :).

iwantblackjack

i thought the high rollers will just go to the tropicana, trump's, borgata in AC; or, they just hop on 95 to the CT indians. High rollers arent ploppies. They're high rollers who are there to play. Added: AC Hilton, owned by Colony Capital LLC, posted a $16.9m gross operating loss for 2009 on $165.2m revenue and they stopped paying on their $359.5m debt. As usual, management adds a rule to their demise. I wonder why Resorts didnt add it too.

Last edited: