Shoe games with 0.60% house edge worth playing?

Ace007

Is it possible to win in the long-term playing shoe games where the house has a >0.60% edge with straight counting or are other advanced techniques necessary? The games are mainly 8D H17DAS, no RSA and no surrender.

Ace007 said:
Is it possible to win in the long-term playing shoe games where the house has a >0.60% edge with straight counting or are other advanced techniques necessary? The games are mainly 8D H17DAS, no RSA and no surrender.
With deep pene, yes. At least 7 decks (90%) say. zg

Coyote

It also depends on your bankroll and the table minimums. If the minimum is 5 bucks sure. If its 15 to 20 forget it!

Koz1984

Of course it is. This is the only type of game available to me, at $30 minimums. I ONLY Wong in at +ve counts, exiting when required. It's good for around a unit/hr with a decent spread.

21gunsalute

Ace007 said:
Not a game I'd want to play. The Basic Strategy Engine has the HA on this game at .69%. Ouch! You might be able to win long term but that's extremely iffy.

jaygruden

Ace007 said:
What state are you in? There's got to be a better game than this within driving distance.

kewljason

creeping panther said:
I say to forget about it,,better to get a part time job, or go back to school to land a better job.

CP
Generally, sound advice for sure CP. However, in this particular climate, not always as easy done as said. 'Getting' a job, whether part-time or full time is not as easy as it once was. Having attended my 10 year high school reunion in the last month, I saw more than a few late 20-something year old college grads that were either unemployed or very under-employed. Many working jobs totally unrelated to their education background and basically, jobs they could have had right out of high school. Retail and low level management and such. I am not saying they would have been better off forgoing the college education. Just at this particular time it isn't helping them much, plus they are saddled with mountains of debt. Hopefully as time goes on, the economy will improve and they can put that degree to better use.

Kj

kewljason said:
Generally, sound advice for sure CP. However, in this particular climate, not always as easy done as said. 'Getting' a job, whether part-time or full time is not as easy as it once was. Having attended my 10 year high school reunion in the last month, I saw more than a few late 20-something year old college grads that were either unemployed or very under-employed. Many working jobs totally unrelated to their education background and basically, jobs they could have had right out of high school. Retail and low level management and such. I am not saying they would have been better off forgoing the college education. Just at this particular time it isn't helping them much, plus they are saddled with mountains of debt. Hopefully as time goes on, the economy will improve and they can put that degree to better use.
I would have loved to have been to your reunion and heard what you had to say when asked what you are doing these days:laugh::laugh::cool:

CP

kewljason

creeping panther said:
I would have loved to have been to your reunion and heard what you had to say when asked what you are doing these days:laugh::laugh::cool:

CP
I tried to keep a low profile and had some prepared lines like 'short term investments'. Only a handful of people that I know well, or used to know well, know how I supposrt myself. I am not ashamed of it. Just didn't want to spend the whole night explaining myself and giving a seminar. :laugh: Also don't need to have hundreds of "friends" that I haven't seen in 10 years wanting me to put them up in vegas for a few days. :rolleyes: