The right play?

I have been reliving a hand from last night. I had pair 7's vs. dealer 6. I followed the BS card from here and split. I got a ten and another 7. I split the next pair of sevens, and got a 3, which I DD'd and another 7 and split that one and got running face cards. I was playing two handed as well and stayed on my 12. The dealer flipped up his 16, and preceded to daggar me in the heart with the 2 he got from the shoe. BTW i had table max of $200 on every bet that hand. Did I do the right the thing is splitting all those 7's, or should I have split the first pair and stayed on the next?

navy

NVYCHIEF17 said:
I have been reliving a hand from last night. I had pair 7's vs. dealer 6. I followed the BS card from here and split. I got a ten and another 7. I split the next pair of sevens, and got a 3, which I DD'd and another 7 and split that one and got running face cards. I was playing two handed as well and stayed on my 12. The dealer flipped up his 16, and preceded to daggar me in the heart with the 2 he got from the shoe. BTW i had table max of $200 on every bet that hand. Did I do the right the thing is splitting all those 7's, or should I have split the first pair and stayed on the next?
For a BS player you did the right thing. ;)

CP

Mr. T

All the experts here would tell you to keep tight tight discipline and follow BS everytime. If you bust hitting 16 vs7 for the 6 or 10 times in a row the next 16 vs 7 comes up you must hit it again.

Blue Efficacy

If you're not counting cards, (or using other more advanced techniques..) basic strategy is ALWAYS the correct play.

Remember, no hand except a BJ is a sure winner. A 3 or more card 21 is merely a sure "non loser."

I've lost on 20 v dealer 6 more times than I care to remember.

Yeah. I wasnt dwelling on it too much. I hit the same scenario again last night on the high stakes table at the same place and recouped all loss and them some.

Martin Gayle

Mr. T said:
All the experts here would tell you to keep tight tight discipline and follow BS everytime. If you bust hitting 16 vs7 for the 6 or 10 times in a row the next 16 vs 7 comes up you must hit it again.
I don't know when the count would ever call for not splitting 7's v 6. The experts here would say don't play BS. Don't ever play using BS, use an advantage and play to that advantage.

Blue Efficacy

Martin Gayle said:
I don't know when the count would ever call for not splitting 7's v 6. The experts here would say don't play BS. Don't ever play using BS, use an advantage and play to that advantage.
To be fair some people play for fun and/or comps, and have no interest in putting in the work to be an AP. We should not look down on those people, rather they should be encouraged to play BS.

A skilled comp hustler can cover the expected losses with rooms, food, etc.

Besides, BJ can be FUN! Advantage play isn't for everybody.

200 max isn't uncommon around here

FLASH1296 said:
Where [and why] are you playing at a store with $200 MAX tables ?
I don't know where he's playing, but in Minnesota, a lot of 4 and 6 deck tables at Mystic Lake have a $199 max

Blue Efficacy

FLASH1296 said:
Where [and why] are you playing at a store with $200 MAX tables ?
This part of the country has very little in the way of table maxes more than $200. That said, you can usually find at least $250 max in high stakes and up to $1000 in the bigger shops.

On the other hand, we also have good games.

Flash

FLASH1296 said:
I thoroughly enjoyed playing at a $300 Max table this week.
I do not think that I could make it a steady diet though.
Maybe you outa try 2 spots at $300 each. With doubles and splits you could be right up there where you are wanting to be. :grin:

CP

Kasi

FLASH1296 said:
I thoroughly enjoyed playing at a $300 Max table this week.
I do not think that I could make it a steady diet though.
Why is that?

In my world, this maybe means, for some reason, you thoroughly enjoy occasionally playing at higher risk rates than usual but just wouldn't enjoy it for very long?

Expound, if you want lol, on the pain a rigid math-guy must endure while still yet tempted and succumbing only occasionally to the euphoria of the potential gains of a high-risk gambling guy lol.

No big deal lol.

FLASH1296

re: 7,7 vs. 6:

According to an S.B.A. ZEN COUNT sim; that I am looking at, you cannot
reach a true count that would indicate that standing is preferable to splitting.