Two Hands

BoSox said:
The house sets the rules period. So it is solely at their discretion. Luis, I am not sure where you were going with the odd question.
If both options are available:
1) bet a hand of 100;
2) bet two hands of 50 or 75.
Should I always choose to play two hands?

BoSox

Luis Veiga said:
If both options are available:
First and foremost what you bet should be based on your playing bank and how much risk you are willing to take. Then you make your bet sizes according to the size of the EV edge you have, or the EV edge the house has, for ONLY that next hand to be played. Based on the up front house edge, and the previous cards that have already been played in the current shuffle. When the hand is completed you now base the next bet on what the ever changing advantage or disavantage is.

Betting two hands of $75 will have the same risk of ruin as betting one hand of $100

Luis Veiga said:
Should I always choose to play two hands?
Not if you are the only player at the table, unless you know that the next round will cause a shuffle and that you want to get more money on the table before it is over.

Someone who always plays two hands throuout the shoe in a play all situation will need a larger spread to make up for all the negative EV hands that he/she are playing against. I do not recommend that type of approach as you would be adding too much volitility. I recommend you learn about different Wonging styles.

Last edited:

BoSox

Luis Veiga said:
Bet 100 flat in Full Wonging style is a good strategy?
Luis Veiga said:
The entrance is +3 - Full Worning, 8 Decs.
Exit +1.
Depending on the rules of the game which determine the upfront house edge, a $100 bet at a TC of +2 in that eight-deck game may give you an extremely slight edge. Before you decide what you want to do, first thoroughly research everything you are up against for a better evaluation. I hope you own the book Blackjack Attack 3RD Edition by Don S who post right on this board. If you do not, what the hell is wrong with you? That is the best blackjack book on the market period!

johndoe

https://www.blackjackincolor.com/truecount1.htm

As a very rough estimate, you'll be playing around 15% (generously) of the hands (TC>=1 in this analysis for S17), and making around 1.5% edge. So for a fast game of 100 hands/hr, that's 100*.15*.015*100=$22.50/hr. That's a high estimate.

(This is for Wonging with a flat $100 bet. Good luck getting away with this for long.)

johndoe said:
https://www.blackjackincolor.com/truecount1.htm

As a very rough estimate, you'll be playing around 15% (generously) of the hands (TC>=1 in this analysis for S17), and making around 1.5% edge. So for a fast game of 100 hands/hr, that's 100*.15*.015*100=$22.50/hr. That's a high estimate.

(This is for Wonging with a flat $100 bet. Good luck getting away with this for long.)
Bankroll de $ 10K;
US $ 22,50 / h;
US $ 100,00 / day;
1% bankroll / day;
It is not good?

Last edited:
BoSox said:
Depending on the rules of the game which determine the upfront house edge, a $100 bet at a TC of +2 in that eight-deck game may give you an extremely slight edge. Before you decide what you want to do, first thoroughly research everything you are up against for a better evaluation. I hope you own the book Blackjack Attack 3RD Edition by Don S who post right on this board. If you do not, what the hell is wrong with you? That is the best blackjack book on the market period!
1% TC +3;
+ Surrender on bets of $ 100.

johndoe

Luis Veiga said:
Bankroll de $ 10K;
US $ 22,50 / h;
US $ 100,00 / day;
1% bankroll / day;
It is not good?
You'll have to calculate your risk of ruin based on the specific game you are playing. For a flat bet of $100 you're probably reasonably OK.

I wouldn't wait until TC=3 unless the game is total crap. Of course, if you do this, you'll be playing far fewer hands, and you'll barely be making minimum wage.

And you can't expect to get away with this for long. You can probably stand around a little bit to wait until your strike point, but for hours a day, for many days? Unlikely. But hey, who knows.

You really should analyze this properly.