1 Year Anniversary

  • SleightOfHand

    1 Year Anniversary

    So, its been a year since me and my cousin joined bankrolls to create an EMFH (Every Man For Himself) team. We started with a BR of 6.9k and after 1 year, 180 hours of combined playing time (semi-casual playing), we are now at 14.3k, about 1k above expectation. Experienced some big swings, which sadly, the negative ones were at the strong games.

    As happy with my game as I have been, just until before my last trip, there has definately been a turn of events. With new knowledge of the games available, I decided to make an attempt hole carding. Scouting has always been one of my weakest aspects of the game, as I am always so anxious to just sit down and get some hours in. However, I was adamant to try to find at least 1 flasher before the day was over. And as it so happened, I found one in the first couple of hours of scouting. And this game was good. Luckily, my partner was coming on this trip too, so we played as often as we can. However, due to our inexperience, we were unable to have as good information as most players would love to have. This HCing experience has definately showed me the importance of scouting, and I will definately be doing it a lot more.

    I want to thank everyone on the forums here that has been so helpful with the advice that they have given me since I started learning the game. A special thanks to the following for everything that they have done to get me to where I am right now:
    Canceller
    CreepingPanther
    ExhibitCAA
    iCountNTrack
    Pro21
    QFIT
    Sonny

  • AnIrishmannot2brite

     

    Freaking impressive work. Cool graph.

    Keep up the good work. Congrats.

  • creeping panther

    sLEIGHT

    Quote: SleightOfHand said:
    So, its been a year since me and my cousin joined bankrolls to create an EMFH (Every Man For Himself) team. We started with a BR of 6.9k and after 1 year, 180 hours of combined playing time (semi-casual playing), we are now at 14.3k, about 1k above expectation. Experienced some big swings, which sadly, the negative ones were at the strong games.

    As happy with my game as I have been, just until before my last trip, there has definately been a turn of events. With new knowledge of the games available, I decided to make an attempt hole carding. Scouting has always been one of my weakest aspects of the game, as I am always so anxious to just sit down and get some hours in. However, I was adamant to try to find at least 1 flasher before the day was over. And as it so happened, I found one in the first couple of hours of scouting. And this game was good. Luckily, my partner was coming on this trip too, so we played as often as we can. However, due to our inexperience, we were unable to have as good information as most players would love to have. This HCing experience has definately showed me the importance of scouting, and I will definately be doing it a lot more.

    I want to thank everyone on the forums here that has been so helpful with the advice that they have given me since I started learning the game. A special thanks to the following for everything that they have done to get me to where I am right now:
    Canceller
    CreepingPanther
    ExhibitCAA
    iCountNTrack
    Pro21
    QFIT
    Sonny

    Thanks,…very impressive, just as I would expect of you

    CP

  • idontneedluck

     

    hi,

    just wondering…how it is possible to get an expectation of 13.3k with a bankroll of 6.9k after only 180 hours of play. Risk of ruin must be extremely high…or am i missing something?

  • creeping panther

    Possible???

    Quote: idontneedluck said:
    hi,

    just wondering…how it is possible to get an expectation of 13.3k with a bankroll of 6.9k after only 180 hours of play. Risk of ruin must be extremely high…or am i missing something?

    Possible when you are so determined to become an expert player that you attend a BJ BASH, flying into the middle of Bear and Moose and Panther and Elk country, to an airport that few have ever heard of, and wait to be picked up by a BJ player you have never met, go to a casino in the middle of nowhere to meet other AP’s you have never met, and you are barely over 21!!!

    Now that should tell you all you need to know about Sleight and his drive and initiative and fearlessness.

    CP

  • idontneedluck

     

    drive and initiative do nothing to change mathematical calculations of expectation…ah maybe fearlessness (risk of ruin)

  • SleightOfHand

    Been away playing another game

    I play aggresively in the games I play at. In my last trip, I have been spreading 1-10 regularly in my DD games, while on occasion splitting to multiple hands of 10 and even had times where I bet 2×15. With the indeces that I use, and the quality of game I was playing, CVCX shows an expectation of 5 units/hr. I also played some HC games. When I play, I play hard . Oh, and we play .6 Kelly, although we plan to play .5 because of the recent growth.

  • MAZ

     

    Quote: idontneedluck said:
    drive and initiative do nothing to change mathematical calculations of expectation…ah maybe fearlessness (risk of ruin)

    No but it changes what you will be mathematically calculating. Passive play delivers passive results.

  • ChefJJ

     

    Quote: idontneedluck said:
    drive and initiative do nothing to change mathematical calculations of expectation

    They do.

    Skill development, staying sharp, sticking to a game plan, having the stones to spread properly, etc. Those things affect your return, and are affected by drive and initiative. They may not “change mathematical calculations” as you say, but it is very hard to meet those mathematical expectations without them.

    good luck

  • SleightOfHand

     

    Quote: ChefJJ said:
    They do.

    Skill development, staying sharp, sticking to a game plan, having the stones to spread properly, etc. Those things affect your return, and are affected by drive and initiative. They may not “change mathematical calculations” as you say, but it is very hard to meet those mathematical expectations without them.

    good luck

    Just came back from a short trip and lost more than 250 units in a single shoe (max bet 30 units). Made back 100 or so, but luckily my partner was able to cover my loss, which made it a lot more bearable.

  • Krak3d

     

    Me and my cousin are planning to do the same thing, hope it works as well as it did for you. Congratz dude.

  • SleightOfHand

    1.5 Years

    Ok so, its been half a year since the last update. We have since added a new on our team, who added about 7k to the BR. We can now play 25 min games With the new addition to our team, we also wrote out a team guideline, which sets rules and standards for the team. He hasn’t made us any money yet, but he seems like a solid player and a good guy, so maybe we won’t kick his ass out right away We recently had a little gathering with a bunch of members on the site and met some very cool people Got a little messy at one point, but nothing disastrous. Anyway, heres an updated chart of our bankroll.

  • creeping panther

    Sleight

    An original Young Gun who I predict will move on to legendary BJ Status, along with Crazy Man and a few other Young Guns on this site especially after their experiences of the last several days.

    CP

  • Finn Dog

     

    Quote: SleightOfHand said:
    I play aggresively…DD…splitting to multiple hands of 10 and even had times where I bet 2×15. CVCX shows an expectation of 5 units/hr.

    Wow, nice work Sleight!

    Are you able to talk about how you avoid heat with that spread/EV? (Please PM if nec.)

    Regards,

    FD

  • psyduck

     

    Sleight,

    Thanks for sharing the result.

    In the past 1.5 years, your entire team only played a combined total of less than 300 hours? I assume the zero hour point refers to 1.5 years ago.

  • SleightOfHand

     

    Quote: Finn Dog said:

    Wow, nice work Sleight!

    Are you able to talk about how you avoid heat with that spread/EV? (Please PM if nec.)

    Regards,

    FD

    Well, I usually use a type of camoflauge that is very successful. Also the store I went to is in general somewhat low heat for the stakes I was playing at, so I would just start low and work my way up to what starts being payed attention to. I want to see what their limit is as long as its within my limits. The newest member of my team actually recently got some heat, although he was doing some thing that I would never have done.

    In addition, I try to keep my sessions short (although it depends what store I am playing at). And although it people say it doesn’t make a huge difference from I18/F4, I use 60+ indeces. The game has a small enough edge as it is, and its not much work to learn indeces, I just learn a couple a week and just build up slow. Besides, PCs that dont know more than I18/F4 may see these indeces as ploppy mistakes.

    We also dabble in other games that does not attract too much heat played at our stakes.

  • SleightOfHand

     

    Quote: psyduck said:
    Sleight,

    Thanks for sharing the result.

    In the past 1.5 years, your entire team only played a combined total of less than 300 hours? I assume the zero hour point refers to 1.5 years ago.

    Yea, our team is very casual. We do not have required schedules to play, and the shares are divided based on investment and expected contribution. Like investors, players are paid based on their contribution which we measuring using CE. Players are also responsible for half the losses (therefore all players must also be investors), so short term teams will not cause a shift in advantage towards players (as explained in ECAA).

    Although we are casual about the scheduling, our play is aggressive.

  • Bojack1

     

    Very impressive Sleight, you are on a very promising path it seems. Just don’t get a big head and start writing books selling out your secrets and teamates.

  • QFIT

     

    These are really very nice results. Just be careful not to become too confident.

  • Nynefingers

     

    Quote: creeping panther said:
    especially after their experiences of the last several days.

    I’m jealous! Oh well, one day maybe I’ll meet some of you good folks too…

  • SleightOfHand

     

    Quote: Nynefingers said:
    I’m jealous! Oh well, one day maybe I’ll meet some of you good folks too…

    I have to say that meeting various members on the forums has been one of my favorite parts of these gatherings. Seeing various styles of play as well as talking about various strategies in person made this game a LOT of fun and exciting

  • Dyepaintball12

     

    Quote: SleightOfHand said:
    I have to say that meeting various members on the forums has been one of my favorite parts of these gatherings. Seeing various styles of play as well as talking about various strategies in person made this game a LOT of fun and exciting

    Agreed!

  • ChefJJ

     

    Congrats, Sleight. Keep the momentum chugging.

    good luck

  • Sharky

     

    Quote: SleightOfHand said:
    …but luckily my partner was able to cover my loss, which made it a lot more bearable.

    how is that possible w/ EMFH “team”?

  • SystemsTrader

     

    Quote: Sharky said:
    how is that possible w/ EMFH “team”?

    Because EMFH teams split their profits and losses.

The BlackjackInfo Knowledge Base contains over 200,000 messages posted by the BlackjackInfo community.

Posting and replies to the knowledge base are no longer available, but comments and replies are welcomed on the blog.