Which is better: 21 or Last Casino?

  • zengrifter

     

    80% vote Last Casino, so far. zg

  • la_dee_daa

     

    i think the last casino was better. i ended up watching it several times having it on the movie channels and all

  • zengrifter

     

    Gee, I may not see 21 untill I’m on a plane or hotel room. zg

  • la_dee_daa

     

    Quote: zengrifter said:
    Gee, I may not see 21 untill I’m on a plane or hotel room. zg

    well you should still see it here comon now, its just been hollywoodized. Many non counters or non blackjack players really enjoyed it.

    Quickly go see it! or they may be posting restricting on the movie 21 subject for you!

  • 21forme

     

    I was in AC for a couple of days earlier this week and I’m surprised I’ve heard no table talk about the movie (only bitching about the change to H17 at Caesars.)

  • gaz

     

    My vote is for Last Casino. I think it shows a bit more on how the CC world really is. It also has a more realistic feel to it. the entire movie is all about the CC and not the love story that 21 was.

  • zenzan

     

    wooooow, if last casino is much better, then 21 must suck reeeeeeal baaaad. one major mess up in the movie when the team played a private game and they were doing the martindale, why did scott talk about algorithm advantage or whatever bs method when the shuffle happened after each hand? makes no difference, and how did miss rainwoman know which exact cards/suits were missing from the deck (1010 AA) when only 8-10 cards get dealt each round till next shuffle happen?. WTF

  • kennybenny

     

    In the last casinos, the students didn’t really “killed” the house. I mean they earned some money, but its more fun to watch when things are more emphasized. It lacks character development and didn’t have a lot of “technical” blackjack scenes. They never had a chance to be a high roller and the movie isn’t as thrilling as 21. Although I must say, it is nonetheless more realistic since it is an indie genre of movie.

    21 is such a thrill ride, I like it more. It is more Hollywood than The Last Casino of course. I like how average nerdy geeks are able to live the life of a high roller.

    Reading Bringing Down The House is just as thrilling.

  • jack,jackson

     

    Im not sure if it was something I smoked, but I could of swore , I seen some subliminal clips In the movie, Especially where they walk Into the Adult store.

    A Question to an earlier post. Im curious as well? How was she able to tell the exacts cards missing?

    Also during the Aptitude Test In P2. I believe, if you listen closely, they’re using some kind of morris code.

  • jack,jackson

     

    Would you Martingale for a chance to win 1 out of 5 hands, to win 10,000$ vs losing around 300,000$? Man, I would be tempted

  • zengrifter

     

    I finally voted. They were both crap. I voted for 21. zg

  • beat320

     

    let the Asian kid bet the single deck shuffle after every hand martingale extravaganza! “he knows the algorithms better” wth were they referring to by algorithms? BS?

  • E-town-guy

     

    I just finished watching the Last Casino on youtube last night and quite honestly don’t understand why people thought that movie was any better than 21. In my opinion it was somewhat dull at times and there were some odd things that happened in that movie as well, such as near the end where they win some of the money back using the martingale. It seems strange that a movie which is supposed to be about card counting and how you’re not actually “gambling” because you’re playing smart would end off using a progression and in fact that is the way they pay the money back. Also, no idea what they mean by asian guy knowing algorithms. Especially since the other guy was deciding how much to bet the whole time.

  • Cardcounter

    The last casino on netflix!

    The last casino on netflix only has a little over 300 people rating the movie and the movie now has a very long wait on it. A lot of people rate movies when they return them on netflix by that alone I know that only a few have rented it. For big movies they can have a 100,000 or more ratings. I don’t understand how a movie with less than 400 ratings on it could have such a long wait. Most people have never heard of this movie including me. The first time I heard of it was in this post.

  • sagefr0g

    hope you didn’t vote yet

    Quote: E-town-guy said:
    ………… there were some odd things that happened in that movie as well, such as near the end where they win some of the money back using the martingale. It seems strange that a movie which is supposed to be about card counting and how you’re not actually “gambling” because you’re playing smart would end off using a progression and in fact that is the way they pay the money back. Also, no idea what they mean by asian guy knowing algorithms…………….

    don’t forget they were in a time bind and facing unsurmountable problems so far as getting to casino’s in the USA. they didn’t know going in that this private joint was dealing an uncountable game. with the time bind facing them it’s likely they’d have had to push the gamble on a countable game inorder to get the payback money in time. but with the private joint with the uncountable game what other option did they have than the martingale?

  • E-town-guy

     

    Quote: sagefr0g said:
    don’t forget they were in a time bind and facing unsurmountable problems so far as getting to casino’s in the USA. they didn’t know going in that this private joint was dealing an uncountable game. with the time bind facing them it’s likely they’d have had to push the gamble on a countable game inorder to get the payback money in time. but with the private joint with the uncountable game what other option did they have than the martingale?

    They were only in a time bind because the movie created it. If they wanted to make the movie more about counting they could have changed the story or the time line they had to get the money back. Also they could have drove to AC in the first place, its not that far a drive from Montreal.

  • aslan

     

    Thanks to one of you, I watched The Last Casino on U-Tube. It was a fun movie, but too much cloak and dagger for me.

    The young counters were much worse than I would suspect any trained team to be even on their first outing.

    The eye in the sky operation was a little more sophisticated than I suspect most operations are. I mean the use of a waitress with a hidden camera to get a close up of the professor–c’mon! Not in a million years. Not that it’s beyond their technology, but they don’t need it. They can get pretty good pictures at the table, and if not there, then at the cashier where you pretty much have no way to hide your face.

    Anyway, if you’re counting, that’s all the identity they need. Most good-sized casinos have someone who can count the game and spot your betting patterns. (I don’t know about small operations.) And on the basis of seeing you bet like a counter (and this is where I have no experience) I suppose they can ask for a powwow and get whatever picture or ID they might want, and after doing so, bar you from the premises. So you go in the book and get your picture plastered all around. Even there, unless they have your chips, I suppose you could just walk out. OTOH, this was supposed to be back in the old days, so protocols were probably different, and strong-arming was not out of the question.

    The martingale was a little stupid for three bright math geniuses. But the brain does not always engage when it comes to young people, so I can see them going out on a limb in a wild and desperate attempt to win a large amount of money in a very short period of time. Who knows? At least the movie shows them almost losing it all. What happened using the martingale was not that unusual considering the amounts they were betting except for the lucky natural just in time.

    Spotting the dealer take four cards out of the deck was a nice twist. It was something you might expect in an after hours illegal operation. How she knew it was exactly four cards, I don’t know.

    The talking their way out was far-fetched. For example it is hard to imagine an illegal after hours gambling joint with uncovered windows facing another tall building from which their illegal activities could be viewed. Remember the sniper supposedly stationed there? No, they were dead meat and no amount of talking was going to get them out of there with money intact.

    I hope to see 21 soon.

  • sagefr0g

     

    Quote: aslan said:
    …..

    The eye in the sky operation was a little more sophisticated than I suspect most operations are. I mean the use of a waitress with a hidden camera to get a close up of the professor–c’mon! Not in a million years. ……….

    i’d have to argue that point with you aslan. the well endowed cocktail waitress didn’t have a camera secreted between those luscious melons. but they were the bait that our hapless hero wasn’t able to resist raising his head enough to take a peek at so that the eye and the sky was able to get the right angle for a head shot. lol.

  • aslan

     

    Quote: sagefr0g said:
    i’d have to argue that point with you aslan. the well endowed cocktail waitress didn’t have a camera secreted between those luscious melons. but they were the bait that our hapless hero wasn’t able to resist raising his head enough to take a peek at so that the eye and the sky was able to get the right angle for a head shot. lol.

    I agree it would be well within any casino’s capability to do, but I just don’t think they would go to that extent when there are other ways to accomplish the same thing without rigging an amateur to wear a camera and also knowing that irrespective of whether you get a picture you can call the person down based on observing him betting in accordance with the count. Put it this way, “Have you ever heard of a casino using a camera attached to a waitress? I know eyes and I’m sure what they would tell me is that it is something for the movies, and that they are perfectly secure in the normal ways they presently operate. Not only that, you’d be surprised how small a budget there is for surveillance security at most casinos (other than the embedded cost of security cameras in the ceilings). If it ever happens to me, I’m going to wave right at her t*tties–“Hiya, fellows!” lol

    PS–Hope there’s no misunderstanding who the “fellows” are. Wouldn’t it be a hoot if there were no camera there.

  • sagefr0g

     

    Quote: aslan said:
    I agree it would be well within any casino’s capability to do, but I just don’t think they would go to that extent when there are other ways to accomplish the same thing without rigging an amateur to wear a camera and also knowing that irrespective of whether you get a picture you can call the person down based on observing him betting in accordance with the count. Put it this way, “Have you ever heard of a casino using a camera attached to a waitress? I know eyes and I’m sure what they would tell me is that it is something for the movies, and that they are perfectly secure in the normal ways they presently operate. Not only that, you’d be surprised how small a budget there is for surveillance security at most casinos. If it ever happens to me, I’m going to wave right at her t*tties–“Hiya, fellows!” lol

    lol i tkink your missing it aslan. the camera wasn’t on the waitress it was the eye in the sky. the eye in the sky got our happless hero’s head shot when he looked up to see these.

  • aslan

     

    Quote: sagefr0g said:
    lol i tkink your missing it aslan. the camera wasn’t on the waitress it was the eye in the sky. the eye in the sky got our happless hero’s head shot when he looked up to see these.

    Hmmm! I thought she had a camera on her. Well, that just shows to go you! Good catch, oh most wise amphibious one!

  • sagefr0g

     

    Quote: aslan said:
    Hmmm! I thought she had a camera on her. Well, that just shows to go you! Good catch, oh most wise amphibious one!

    the part that was unrealistic was the fact that this guy was actually trying to spot the counter instead of focusing in on the babe’s knockers. lol

  • aslan

     

    Quote: sagefr0g said:
    the part that was unrealistic was the fact that this guy was actually trying to spot the counter instead of focusing in on the babe’s knockers. lol

    Yeah! I always figured that half the eyes in the sky are hunting around for chicks to zoom in on instead of catching cheaters and counters.

The BlackjackInfo Knowledge Base contains over 200,000 messages posted by the BlackjackInfo community.

Posting and replies to the knowledge base are no longer available, but comments and replies are welcomed on the blog.