Foxwoods and MGM Dream Card Comp / Rating System??

  • Spikecma1

    Foxwoods and MGM Dream Card Comp / Rating System??

    I am just wondering if anyone has figured out the Comp / rating system for the Foxwoods and MGM Foxwoods Dream Card.

    I have been there two times this month. On my last trip there I spent probably about 6 hours at one table and put anywhere from 4-6K through it. My average bet was around 20.

    The pit boss was watching me very closely so I know he was seeing everything I was doing. He even came over and introduced himself to my girl and I and thanked me for playing and told me I would be rated well as long as she gave him a back rub like she was giving me, haha. Nice guy, I think he was just watching because I was doing well and I had been there a while and the table had a crowd. I don’t think he though I was counting, mostly cause I wasn’t really. Anyway, from all that I got only 10-13 or so points on my card. Not totally sure of how much I got that night because I didnt check it after gaming the night before but im guessing I didnt get much the previous night since I only spent 2 hours at a table and put 2k through with $25 avg bets. For the two days I only got 17 points. All seems a little low considering the chips I put through the tables.

    Any thoughts???

  • bjcount

     

    Quote: Spikecma1 said:
    I am just wondering if anyone has figured out the Comp / rating system for the Foxwoods and MGM Foxwoods Dream Card.

    I have been there two times this month. On my last trip there I spent probably about 6 hours at one table and put anywhere from 4-6K through it. My average bet was around 20.

    The pit boss was watching me very closely so I know he was seeing everything I was doing. He even came over and introduced himself to my girl and I and thanked me for playing and told me I would be rated well as long as she gave him a back rub like she was giving me, haha. Nice guy, I think he was just watching because I was doing well and I had been there a while and the table had a crowd. I don’t think he though I was counting, mostly cause I wasn’t really. Anyway, from all that I got only 10-13 or so points on my card. Not totally sure of how much I got that night because I didnt check it after gaming the night before but im guessing I didnt get much the previous night since I only spent 2 hours at a table and put 2k through with $25 avg bets. For the two days I only got 17 points. All seems a little low considering the chips I put through the tables.

    Any thoughts???

    We were told by the dream card host that you get $1 (or 1 point) in comp for every $90 wagered.
    BJC

  • EasyRhino

     

    sounds like the pit boss was just ogling your girlfriend.

  • bj bob

     

    Quote: Spikecma1 said:
    The pit boss was watching me very closely so I know he was seeing everything I was doing. He even came over and introduced himself to my girl and I and thanked me for playing and told me I would be rated well as long as she gave him a back rub like she was giving me, haha.
    Any thoughts???

    At least you scored more points on your card then the PB did with your girlfriend!

  • Automatic Monkey

     

    Quote: bjcount said:
    We were told by the dream card host that you get $1 (or 1 point) in comp for every $90 wagered.
    BJC

    That’s for machine play. I wish they’d give me 1.1% on table play!

    Really, it’s around 25% of your average bet per hour. Still an important part of your EV. Some PC’s are more generous than others.

  • Spikecma1

     

    Quote: bj bob said:
    At least you scored more points on your card then the PB did with your girlfriend!

    Yea and I walked away with about $500 from his pit in just a few hours. HA

    Quote: Automatic Monkey said:
    That’s for machine play. I wish they’d give me 1.1% on table play!

    Really, it’s around 25% of your average bet per hour. Still an important part of your EV. Some PC’s are more generous than others.

    Yea, you are right that the 1.1% is on slots. I figured that out pretty easy since it displays it for you on screen when you play.

    If its around 25% then i was def slightly under-rated. Looks like I should have got about 5 points an hour or so and I sure didn’t. Only got 15 over the course of about 5. Thats pretty bad considering I put about 8k through the tables.

    I like the old system they had with the wampum card. The new rating with the dream card makes it impossible to rack up comps, especially if they aren’t going to rate properly. Maybe they will change this since I have heard lots of people have been complaining. Then again, they make their money no matter what so they could care less.

  • EasyRhino

     

    Look at it this way, 8,000 worth of action on blackjack, with perfect basic strategy, would cost you $40. So getting $15 comped would seem reasonable (but you’d also hope they’d rate you softer, or as a bigger better, or playing more hands)

  • N&B

     

    $1000 per hour should get you $15 or free buffet dinner.

  • johndoe

     

    A freebie room on a weekend would take about 4 hours $200/hand average. The rooms run around $400 I think.

  • iwantblackjack

     

    The formula at foxwoods for points= average bet x time (hours) x 18%. The average bet and time is discretionary to PC. (time depends when PC enters into computer.) Separately, depending on Foxwoods rating system of your play, you may get other promotions (separate from Dream points (old wampum) such as “casino rate rooms”, “free Sun-Thurs rooms”, “free concerts with advance reservations”, “free dinner”. $100 flatbet for 10 minutes (i left; though PC took 1 minute before he closed my play at the table) gave me 3.30 points.

  • 21forme

     

    I only played Foxwoods once, for a 2 day trip, and am now getting 7 day/wk room offers. I have no idea what they rated my average bet, but I wound up with about 500 comp points for the trip, which paid off almost all of the room and food costs. Hopefully, I have a chance to get back there and take advantage of it.

  • Automatic Monkey

     

    Quote: 21forme said:
    I only played Foxwoods once, for a 2 day trip, and am now getting 7 day/wk room offers. I have no idea what they rated my average bet, but I wound up with about 500 comp points for the trip, which paid off almost all of the room and food costs. Hopefully, I have a chance to get back there and take advantage of it.

    Wow! Nice comp haul. Does wonders for EV. I myself have taken many thousands of dollars in cash-equivalent gift cards out of there. Sometimes they have a promotion where they offer the gift cards 1:1 instead of 1.75:1 or 1.5:1

  • johndoe

     

    Quote: 21forme said:
    I only played Foxwoods once, for a 2 day trip, and am now getting 7 day/wk room offers. I have no idea what they rated my average bet, but I wound up with about 500 comp points for the trip, which paid off almost all of the room and food costs. Hopefully, I have a chance to get back there and take advantage of it.

    Wow. What was your average bet, and hours/day?

  • 21forme

     

    Quote: johndoe said:
    Wow. What was your average bet, and hours/day?

    I played about 10h/day. Avg bet was probably in the $100 range, with a low of $25 and a high of $500, sometimes playing 2 hands. I was also doing some back-betting with a fellow board member.

  • johndoe

     

    Quote: 21forme said:
    I played about 10h/day. Avg bet was probably in the $100 range, with a low of $25 and a high of $500, sometimes playing 2 hands. I was also doing some back-betting with a fellow board member.

    No wonder! That’s actually fairly close to the avg*hours*18% guidance some other poster left, given a bit of pit estimation error.

  • FLASH1296

    18%?

    18% ?

    Are you certain of that ?

    I thought that it was 24%

    Was it changed ?

  • FLASH1296

    Important Corrections needed:

    “The formula at foxwoods for points= average bet x time (hours) x 18%”

    The above algorithm leaves out a crucial factor. The “theoretical advantage” of the game played. Usually plugged in at 1% FOR BJ, 2% for craps, etc.

    Also time is computed NOT by hours, but by hands played. In BJ they use 60, which is only true for full tables.

    See my post (today’s date) elsewhere on this site where I give examples of the comp’ computations and Comp $ earned.

The BlackjackInfo Knowledge Base contains over 200,000 messages posted by the BlackjackInfo community.

Posting and replies to the knowledge base are no longer available, but comments and replies are welcomed on the blog.