Bob Nersesian interview

  • Richard Munchkin

    Bob Nersesian interview

    Bob Nersesian was our guest last night on Gambling With an Edge. We discussed, what to do and say when approached by casino security as well as what to do in the back room, ID, recording conversations with police or security, carrying cash, and more. Any serious player should give this a listen.

    http://www.richardmunchkin.com/2011/08/bob-nersesian-interview.html

  • Lonesome Gambler

     

    I’ve been looking forward to this one and will give it a listen tonight. Thanks!

  • David Spence

     

    Great interview! Lots of practical information. I look forward to next week’s with Vinnie DeCarlo.

  • FLASH1296

     

    Indeed the podcast was very good. HIGHLY recommended.

    Now it is time to plug Munchkin’s book: It is a fine fun read.

    Without going into detail, (a bore to a non-backgammon player); I was
    a regular at The Mayfair Club’s all-weekend “chouette” in the mid 1970’s.

    There are no (meaningful) errors or mistakes; other than a couple
    of chapters that are contaminated with hyperbolic self-aggrandizement.

  • Richard Munchkin

     

    Quote: FLASH1296 said:
    There are no (meaningful) errors or mistakes; other than a couple
    of chapters that are contaminated with hyperbolic self-aggrandizement.

    LOL! You mean to say there is a backgammon player with an ego?

  • zengrifter

     

    Quote: FLASH1296 said:
    Indeed the podcast was very good. HIGHLY recommended.

    Now it is time to plug Munchkin’s book: It is a fine fun read.

    Without going into detail, (a bore to a non-backgammon player); I was
    a regular at The Mayfair Club’s all-weekend “chouette” in the mid 1970’s.

    There are no (meaningful) errors or mistakes; other than a couple
    of chapters that are contaminated with hyperbolic self-aggrandizement.

    And never before have so many pro-gamblers all proclaimed what careful honest taxpayers they are! zg

  • zengrifter

     

    Did Counselor Nersesian comment on that spooking area? zg

  • Richard Munchkin

     

    Quote: zengrifter said:
    Did Counselor Nersesian comment on that spooking area? zg

    We had so many questions that we ran out of time. But we are planning to have him back in 4 or 5 weeks so I’ll ask him then.

  • cyclist

     

    Podcast was good, glad I listened.

    Validated that my initial plan for carrying cash, just rubber banded to my players cards in my carry on is probably good start.

    Best was Bob Nersesian’s cell number. It’s definitely in my cell phone now, but of course only for emergencies!

  • FLASH1296

     

    I too put Bob N. on speed dial, although I have not been to Las Vegas in over a year.

    The discussion re: carrying cash was very good.

    What works for me is having a “fanny pack” with NOTHING but cash, paper items, and player’s cards in it. It never is looked at twice.

  • 21forme

     

    Quote: FLASH1296 said:
    What works for me is having a “fanny pack” with NOTHING but cash, paper items, and player’s cards in it. It never is looked at twice.

    When you’re as old as you are, a fanny pack is an EXPECTED part of the uniform

  • Thunder

     

    Guys, no need to make a casino surveillance person’s job easier identifying Flash.

  • Friendo

    Fanny pack?

    Seriously, a fanny pack?

    I thought fanny packs had long since become unfashionable unless you were carrying a concealed weapon, in which case it is now just a signal to the cops that you’re carrying.

    Or do you mean a money belt?

    I’d consider a fanny pack if I could get away with it, but it seems as if it would stick out in a crowd.

  • Gamblor

     

    Always considered getting a “man bag” because its something actually quite useful for an AP, but never pulled the trigger, would make me look like some kind of metrosexual.

  • Most Interesting Man

     

    Quote: Gamblor said:
    Always considered getting a “man bag” because its something actually quite useful for an AP, but never pulled the trigger, would make me look like some kind of metrosexual.

    That would be a ‘murse’. The women will be all over you if you get one.

  • Machinist

    Excellent

    EXCELLENT pod cast!!!!
    I too have Mr. Nersesians, number now on my phone… Very cool of him to give it out.
    Very interesting about the cash and zip baggies.
    Why i say that is when i was talking to the DEA guy he told me that they noticed that the cash i had wasnt hidden or really concealed, and that 10 of it was neatly folded into 1g stacks and rubber banded 5 a piece. They took notice of how my money was stored and where it was stored!
    Thanks Mr. Munchkin for the interview…..I will definitely be a listener to the show!!!
    And thankyou Mr. Nersesian for your time and effort helping us APs!!!!!
    Machinist

  • Thunder

     

    Quote: Gamblor said:
    Always considered getting a “man bag” because its something actually quite useful for an AP, but never pulled the trigger, would make me look like some kind of metrosexual.

    Just get a backpack. Far more manly than a fanny pack or purse

  • tthree

     

    Quote: Thunder said:
    Just get a backpack. Far more manly than a fanny pack or purse

    I like the belly pack. I always use them hunting. They are great for traveling in casinos. I could give a rat’s behind what people say about my fashion. The funny thing is typically they make fun of what I wear but in 3 or 4 years it is all the rage and the same people who made fun of me are wearing my arrangement proudly. I always loose some respect for these people who can’t think for themselves.

  • NightStalker

    What’s the takeaway

    about carrying cash via airport and freeway?

    Should it be sealed in one opaque?(transparent) envelope?
    Or just rubber band?
    In bundles of say 10.25.50 notes?

    While flying: hold cash on your head(in an envelope or naked?)

  • WRX

     

    Quote: NightStalker said:
    While flying: hold cash on your head(in an envelope or naked?)

    I don’t particularly like flashing my cash in view of potential thieves. And when I say potential thieves, I include county sheriffs and DEA agents who may be in the area. So other methods are necessary.

  • Richard Munchkin

     

    For me it is now in the pockets if just a metal detector, and in the carry-on bag if it is a body scanner.

    By the way – chips will set off the X-ray and cause a bag search. I put them in my pocket if not too many, or I seal chips in a plastic bag and take them out of the carry-on and put them in the bin with my shoes. But keep your eye on this bin. I had one friend who had a bag stolen by the TSA guys right out of the bin. He caused a big stink, the police were called. They of course sided with the TSA – Why do you have 16k in chips? But after a big enough stink the bag of chips suddenly appeared back inside his carry-on bag, even though the bag had been gone through 3 times.

  • Xenophon

     

    My girlfriends brother in law was recently transporting 250K on a plane back from Seattle to LA. He and his wife own a jewelry store and he regularly travels to sell the jewelry or gold then return with cash.

    The cash was confiscated after a law enforcement dog smelled cocaine.

    They hired a lawyer to help get it back. I haven’t heard the current status.

    Does anyone here know laws governing the transportation of cash (limits etc.) with the circumstance of “drugs” on the money?

  • AussiePlayer

     

    Quote: Richard Munchkin said:
    We had so many questions that we ran out of time. But we are planning to have him back in 4 or 5 weeks so I’ll ask him then.

    Would also love to hear if any of the topics discussed last interview/in his book apply differently to overseas travelers visiting the US.

  • Richard Munchkin

     

    Quote: AussiePlayer said:
    Would also love to hear if any of the topics discussed last interview/in his book apply differently to overseas travelers visiting the US.

    I will ask about this next time we have him on, but I will tell you that it is very important that you declare going in or out of the US if you are carrying over 10,000 in cash. There is no law against bringing any amount in or out, but there are laws about declaring it.

  • nicetrades200303

     

    When I clicked on Radio Shows, then clicked on Bob Nersesian interview, it kept on saying “connecting.” Anyone knows why? Thanks.

The BlackjackInfo Knowledge Base contains over 200,000 messages posted by the BlackjackInfo community.

Posting and replies to the knowledge base are no longer available, but comments and replies are welcomed on the blog.